Author Topic: WoK maps for audio book people?  (Read 2030 times)

Khale

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
WoK maps for audio book people?
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:16:21 AM »
I am listening to Way of Kings as an audio book (it's something like 45 hours!) and am wondering whether the written book has any maps.  If so, is there a way to see the maps anywhere online?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: WoK maps for audio book people?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 02:49:37 AM »
There are maps. There are 29 total pages of art in the book. Now that Brandon is back from his tour I imagine we will work something out for the audiobook listeners. When we do, there will be an announcement in the blog.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 02:52:08 AM by Peter Ahlstrom »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

yakumo fujii

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 08:15:40 AM »
There are maps. There are 29 total pages of art in the book. Now that Brandon is back from his tour I imagine we will work something out for the audiobook listeners. When we do, there will be an announcement in the blog.
Cool, the maps and pics in the kindle edition were too small to see much detail.

Khale

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 03:06:43 PM »
That will be a very welcome assistance.  Thanks for the update.

AndrewMM

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 04:47:22 AM »
The maps were a bit small on the nook edition as well. But, my solution for that is I went with the triple play. The day it came out I got the Nook e-book of Barnes and Noble online as I stood inline to by the hardcover and the audio book  ;D
The Hardcover is an absolutely beautiful book. I am very impressed with the layout and artwork.
Life before Death, Strength before Weakness, Journey before Destination

davebar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:36:42 PM »
I bought WoK from Audible.com, they have a special promotion for $7.49 a month  for 3 months with 1 credit per month. I used my first credit to buy WoK, which is priced at $55, quite a deal!

I just finished listening to Game of Thrones and so far I'm 8 chapters into WoK and its 3x more entertaining. I listen during working out in the gym and when driving. I enjoy reading at nite before going to bed, but I find that I fall asleep after reading 2 pages. So I get more reading in using audio books.

But would be great to see a map.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 10:39:49 PM by davebar »