Author Topic: Newbie Question  (Read 1320 times)

Gwynasyn

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Newbie Question
« on: September 12, 2010, 06:19:11 AM »
I'm pretty new to Mr Sanderson's works, but I'm a huge fan. After reading through some threads here I noticed that people are linking his many different projects with each other in various ways.

I also remember at this year's ComicCon, during the panel that Mr Sanderson was part of, that someone asked him a question that at the time I couldn't understand. But Mr Sanderson's answer began with a little explanation, something to the effect of "he's referencing a hidden theme that exists in all my works" or something like that.

But after reading through all of his books, I'm sad to say I didn't pick anything like that up. So could someone put me out of my misery and give me an explanation? ???

Sir_Read-a-Lot

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • This isn't just any text - This is Personal!
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:31:03 AM »
Basically, all of Brandon's adult novels (baring WoT), take place in the same universe, and the powers of the gods of each world are called the Shards of Adonalsium.  I won't say more, because I don't know how many books you've read, but that's the gist of it.

Also, a character named Hoid has popped up in some shape or form in every book.
“Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.”  - Alice in Wonderland