Author Topic: Hopes/Predictions/Wild Theories for Book 2  (Read 16226 times)

Kykeon

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hopes/Predictions/Wild Theories for Book 2
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »
It would be cool if he (GRRM) would write a Blurb for the series though, lol.
Okey, back on topic.
I would like to read more about the Voren religion.
And Jasnah learning that she was both wrong and right at the same time will be PRICELESS! :)

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 08:27:13 PM »
I think it would be nice to know what the black sphere that gavilar had was, or where it is, or anything about it really

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 02:14:22 PM »
It would be cool if he (GRRM) would write a Blurb for the series though, lol.
Okey, back on topic.
I would like to read more about the Voren religion.
And Jasnah learning that she was both wrong and right at the same time will be PRICELESS! :)

I'm---interested---to see how Jasnah responds to Dalinar's visions.

It kind of puts a different spin on "God is dead," though, I'll give you that.
Nature hates being reified.

Galavantes

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »
I wouldn't count Kaladin out of the fight with Szeth. He has taken the Oath whereas Szeth presumably has not. He has experience fighting (and beating) shardbearers. He can already use two of the three Lashings, and has time to learn the Basic Lashing (which is, ironically, the best for combat). And, he may well have other surgebinders on his team.

That's my hope for book 2. I want at least some of Bridge 4 to be able to learn Surgebinding. I really think that group will be the seed of the restored Knights Radiant.

Kaladin is dangerous no doubt about it. But Szeth is a friggin killing machine. Lets not forget that Gavilar was considered one of the best swordsman alive, and Szeth took him down. The he took down what 3? 4? Full Shard bearers at once? I suppose it depends on the time line we are talking about.  If Kaladan actually gets trained then I expect to see a serious battle on par with Drizzt vs Artemis

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2010, 06:05:46 PM »
I disagree with all of you, Kaladin will easily beat Szeth because he will cheat, i am hoping he will develop pepperspray to help the rest of bridge four to fight against shardbearers, and when Szeth shows up he will get a big ol' blast of Mace!

Erunion

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 06:49:15 PM »
No no no.... Rock, with his culinary expertise, will invent Pepper spray. Kaladin will just use it!  :D

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 10:35:43 PM »
I, personally, am holding out for both Dalinar and Kaladin having powers by the time Szeth comes to call.  They may both be untrained, but the element of surprise for Szeth would be very high.
Nature hates being reified.

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2010, 08:32:06 PM »
and it doesnt matter how good Szeth is, there is no way he coud get to Kaladin, Talenel will beat the tar out of him

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2010, 09:30:18 PM »
and it doesnt matter how good Szeth is, there is no way he coud get to Kaladin, Talenel will beat the tar out of him
If Taln is around.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 11:20:13 PM »
I agree. I can' t see Szeth beating Kaladin. They're both awesome fighters and Szeth has the advantage by a long shot, but Kaladin has the surprise element(big one), Thrill, teamwork, and I was under the impression that Kaladin is a better fighter. Szeth is also an awesome warrior, but if we were to drop it to the two of them with regular sword and spear, I want to believe Kaladin would win.

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2010, 06:19:26 PM »
Where else would Taln be? out looking for the rest of the heralds? he needs to deal with a desolation, so naturally he would be around the king and the minister of war, the two people Kaladin needs to protect

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
Where else would Taln be? out looking for the rest of the heralds? he needs to deal with a desolation, so naturally he would be around the king and the minister of war, the two people Kaladin needs to protect
In prison, for heresy?

Who's gonna believe that a darkeyed guy who came out of nowhere is a Herald?
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2010, 09:35:05 PM »
Well, there is his sword for evidence.  Also, I expect Hoid would do something to help him.

Galavantes

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2010, 01:09:32 AM »
I tend to think that one of the 10 people in all of the world chosen to become an immortal warrior who battles against the armies of a dark god is probably resourceful enough to deal with the local magistrate.
Just sayin.

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2010, 01:33:52 AM »
I tend to think that one of the 10 people in all of the world chosen to become an immortal warrior who battles against the armies of a dark god is probably resourceful enough to deal with the local magistrate.
Just sayin.
I think that even an immortal would be incredibly disoriented after 4500 years of torture.