Author Topic: Del Torro Quits the Hobbit  (Read 3379 times)

guessingo

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Del Torro Quits the Hobbit
« on: June 01, 2010, 12:25:01 PM »
I did not see this one coming. 6 yeras to make the 2 hobbit movies? That is some committment.
I had thought the first one was due out in 2011, now they are saying 2012. They also did not say what caused the delays.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/31/guillermo.del.toro.drops.out.ew/index.html?hpt=T3

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
Re: Del Torro Quits the Hobbit
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »
It was originally supposed to be a 3 year commitment. That's why Del Torro is leaving the project. He has other obligations and cant stay on for another 3 years. It all stems from MGM's serious financial troubles. They are rumored to be on the brink of bankruptcy. It's a shame. I'm a big fan of Del Torro(Pan's Labyrinth was fantastic) and combining Tolkiens world, Peter Jackson, and Del Torro should have been awesome.
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 04:44:34 AM »
Yeah, I read about that.  It made me sad - I was so looking forward to that film...  I'm curious who will get signed on - hopefully it won't be anything too terrible.  It would make me sad to see 'The Hobbit' finally made, and be worse  than (or as bad as), say, Eragon.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Dragon Shard

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:37:05 PM »
its a shame when movies get delayed.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
I think they had alot of trouble getting financing due to the economy and financial meltdown. These movies are expensive.