Author Topic: A little help with images  (Read 2020 times)

Elwynn

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
A little help with images
« on: September 09, 2010, 05:16:52 PM »
My fiance and I are getting married, and we're having a BS themed reception. Actually it's mostly mistborn, simply because it's easier to make vials for wedding favors than shardblades for everyone.  :D

Anyway, our table seating is arranged around the allomantic metals. I've been trying to get the symbols into singular images to set up next to the names to identify the tables. I have the poster, but no scanner. It's my desktop background, but I can't get the individual images singled out.

If anyone knows how, or where to find images of the symbols individually, I would greatly appreciate a nod in the right direction. Thanks.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: A little help with images
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »
My fiance and I are getting married, and we're having a BS themed reception. Actually it's mostly mistborn, simply because it's easier to make vials for wedding favors than shardblades for everyone.  :D

Anyway, our table seating is arranged around the allomantic metals. I've been trying to get the symbols into singular images to set up next to the names to identify the tables. I have the poster, but no scanner. It's my desktop background, but I can't get the individual images singled out.

If anyone knows how, or where to find images of the symbols individually, I would greatly appreciate a nod in the right direction. Thanks.

Something like this? :)

Edit: also, you can get individual decals on brandon's site here. Dunno if that helps.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 07:15:20 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Elwynn

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:17:43 PM »
That's perfect! :)

Could you direct me to where you found that? Or how exactly you created it?

I also have cadmium and cerrobend (i left out atium and larasium) as table names, are there singular images for those?

Thanks

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »
That's perfect! :)

Could you direct me to where you found that? Or how exactly you created it?

I also have cadmium and cerrobend (i left out atium and larasium) as table names, are there singular images for those?

Thanks

To find it, i merely did this google search. It was the first i saw that looked like what you needed.

As far as cadmium and cerrobend, i'm not entirely sure. I haven't seen any symbols for it, but that doesn't mean they arent bouncing around somewhere.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

CtrlZed

• Level 5
  • Undone
    • View Profile
    • Nethermore
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 09:16:57 PM »
Hi, Elwynn.  I can help you out with any images you may need.  PM me with how you're using them and I'll get you the correct images.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »
A mistborn themed reception?  That's about the coolest thing ever!  Your fiance must either be really patient with you or a fellow fan.  Either way, you definitely got yourself a keeper!

Due to a copyright issue, the name has been changed from cerrobend to bendalloy.  Just FYI.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Elwynn

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 11:51:08 PM »
Thanks for the help.  :D

And for that tip on bendalloy. Ya, she's a huge BS fan as well, though she doesn't have as much time to read as I do. She was with me at the St. Louis signing, we joked about the girl there wearing the mistcloak and how she wished she had one to walk down the aisle. Now that would have been cool because I picked a white suit that I imagine looked like what Elend wore.  ;D

Thanks again for all the help.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 12:00:52 AM »
Just a small nitpick of no consequence (also off topic and likely just good info to have, if you ask me) - Fiancé is for a man about to be wed, Fiancée is for a woman. :)

(i think they're both pronounced the same way, though, but i could be wrong)

Also: Congrats and awesome wedding idea.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard