Author Topic: King Tavarangian (WOK Spoilers!!!)  (Read 5653 times)

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
Re: King Tavarangian (WOK Spoilers!!!)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 11:32:07 PM »
does anyone else get the idea that the gostbloods are like team rocket from pokemon?  I mean they are supposedly a secret organization but everybody seems to know about them

I don't know, it seems like only powerful and influential people/characters know about them so far. I don't recall them being whispered about the cookpot or mentioned in passing on the street.

TnSRaven

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 11:57:23 PM »
I think Tavarangian is the leader of the Seventeenth Shard and the recipient of Hoid's letter.

Definitely not.  Think back to the letter. 

He holds one of the most frightening and terrible of all of the Shards.  Ponder on that for a time, you old reptile, and tell me if your insistence of nonintervention holds firm.  Because I assure you, Rayse will not be similarly inhibited.  (pp 295)

I'd certainly say that what Tavarangian is pretty damn involved in events, which completely contradicts Hoid's complaint about the addressee not intervening. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 07:49:24 AM by TnSRaven »

wolverinehokie

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 01:37:33 AM »
I think Tavarangian is the leader of the Seventeenth Shard and the recipient of Hoid's letter.

Definitely not.  Think back to the letter. 

He holds one of the most frightening and terrible of all of the Shards.  Ponder on that for a time, you old reptile, and tell me if your insistence of nonintervention holds firm.  Because I assure you, Rayse will not be similarly inhibited.  (pp 295)

I'd certainly say that what Tavarangian is doing is pretty damn involved in events, which completely contradicts Hoid's complaint about the addressee not intervening. 

Good point, I think you are probably correct.  There is still a chance Hoid might not know about Tavarangian killing people and so doesn't realize Tavarangian is no longer a noninterventionalist, but that doesn't work as well as I once thought.

guy

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 08:44:45 PM »
He could just be a member of the Seventeenth Shard, though whether a high ranking or a low ranking I couldnt guess, because I am sure he would know of Hoid in his position as Wit.  so it would seem much more likely that he is NOT a member of the Seventeenth Shard