Author Topic: WoK: Kaladin and Syl *Spoilers*  (Read 33792 times)

Shiael

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: WoK: Kaladin and Syl *Spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2011, 03:57:20 PM »
About the shardblades: at the end, syl says something like "I dont know. It just feels wrong to me. I hate it. Im glad he got rid of it. makes him a better man" when dalinar gives up his shardblade. so maybe szeth isnt the only one who thinks they are trouble?
Nothing is ever easy...

Feloxia

• Level 2
  • There's no such thing as too many books.
    • View Profile
    • It's Irrelephant
« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »
Perhaps we'll eventually get a diagram of the different powers like the metal chart for Mistborn. In which case there should definitely be an awesome poster for it.

Also, there was something else that occurred to me while reading through the thread but I've forgotten it ;.;

Edit: I remembered it! Here's some questions that I thought of:

So, were there highstorms before Almighty was killed? If not, what did they power the gems with? If so, were they lesser or greater in power? The KR seemed to have a pretty stable supply of stormlight, so if there were no highstorms then they are not the only source of power...so maybe spren are sources of power, and now that Almighty is dead the highstorms are  a larger, more infrequent source?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:57:51 AM by Feloxia »
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant---
Success in Cirrcuit lies
Too bright for our infirm Delight
The Truth's superb surprise
As Lightening to the Children eased
With explanation kind
The Truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind---

By Emily Dickinson

CabbyHat

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
Oh, that's an interesting point! Hadn't thought of that. Maybe the Almighty was taking a more active role back then, so the Knights could just absorb it directly, then transfer it into gems for use in fabrials?
Just an idle comment. My comments are often idle. I can never get them to do any solid work.

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
Perhaps we'll eventually get a diagram of the different powers like the metal chart for Mistborn. In which case there should definitely be an awesome poster for it.

Also, there was something else that occurred to me while reading through the thread but I've forgotten it ;.;

So, were there highstorms before Almighty was killed? If not, what did they power the gems with? If so, were they lesser or greater in power? The KR seemed to have a pretty stable supply of stormlight, so if there were no highstorms then they are not the only source of power...so maybe spren are sources of power, and now that Almighty is dead the highstorms are  a larger, more infrequent source?

I wonder if the diagram would be similar to that inside-cover illustration in the american hardback.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
Yes.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

cromptj

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2011, 10:21:11 AM »
So will Brandon bother doing a separate table, or will he just explain the diagram at some over the course of the series and expect you to have the US version.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 05:27:18 PM »
Many of the symbols won't be explained for years yet. This is a 10-book series, after all. The image may be made into a poster though.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Feloxia

• Level 2
  • There's no such thing as too many books.
    • View Profile
    • It's Irrelephant
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2011, 02:22:19 AM »

I wonder if the diagram would be similar to that inside-cover illustration in the american hardback.
Ah, right. I forgot about that diagram.
Tell all the Truth but tell it slant---
Success in Cirrcuit lies
Too bright for our infirm Delight
The Truth's superb surprise
As Lightening to the Children eased
With explanation kind
The Truth must dazzle gradually
Or every man be blind---

By Emily Dickinson