Author Topic: I'm confused with Adonalsium. Can anyone help me?  (Read 5983 times)

guy

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: I'm confused with Adonalsium. Can anyone help me?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »
I dont know if we can just assume that the shards meld together, maybe the two shards are not corresponding pieces, and dont mix easily, and maybe the shards dont even meld together, Hoid wasnt even sure when he was talking about the man being pieced together from differing parts.  so I think it is still a little early to be considering frankenshard

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:45 PM »
I agree obtaining more than 1 shard will have the shards form together, but not necessarily that Sazed is Cultivation.
Again, Sazed can't be Cultivation, because Cultivation is female.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

Stormblessed

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »
I agree obtaining more than 1 shard will have the shards form together, but not necessarily that Sazed is Cultivation.
Sazed had a sex change.  :o
"You've killed me. Bastards, you've killed me!
 -- Darkeyed Soldier

Kierlionn

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 02:10:39 AM »

I never said Sazed was Cultivation, I just don't like to downright knock someone's theory off the bored.

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 04:14:11 AM »

I never said Sazed was Cultivation, I just don't like to downright knock someone's theory off the bored.
I know you didn't say it, I'm just making it clear that this theory, at least, deserves to be dismissed outright.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

Kykeon

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 12:08:26 PM »
I dont know if we can just assume that the shards meld together, maybe the two shards are not corresponding pieces, and dont mix easily, and maybe the shards dont even meld together, Hoid wasnt even sure when he was talking about the man being pieced together from differing parts.  so I think it is still a little early to be considering frankenshard
Two shards in one entity to be precise.
When (not if) we see Saze again, the new being will almost certainly refer to itself as one.
Yes, Cultivation is female, but I wanted to hear your ideas nevertheless.
I could point out that the Terris prophecies were gender-neutral because Sazed was not a man, but I'll restrain myself. ;)

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
I could point out that the Terris prophecies were gender-neutral because Sazed was not a man, but I'll restrain myself. ;)
Yeah, but there's absolutely no reason that Sazed would become female or refer to himself as a woman. He used to be male, and ended up as a eunuch. Maybe taking the shards would make him male again, but there's absolutely zero reason to think they'd switch his gender. I could see how you could maybe kinda sorta suspect that might maybe happen if Preservation and/or Ruin had been female, but that's just not the case.