Author Topic: "Spoilers" My predictions and suspicions as I read WOK. "Spoilers"  (Read 2722 times)

Nightfire107

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
!st of all i have been taking this book slow so most of the read-a-book-a-day fans might know all of this but i have come to conclusions and i want to post them as thinkof them rather than after they are confirmed/ denied. Again there may be spoilers so RAOR (read at own risk).

1st. Kaladin is using the stormlight in in his spheres for something. I realized this as he was beaten after the bridge run. All his sphears are becoming dun because he uses the stormlight. Its not lashing but a large part of the magic system is still not explained.

2nd I believe Wit is Hoid. Attention has been given him and it is an auxillary role akin to others he has filled.

3rd and a bit more obvious, shallan has a shardblade. I'm not sure how she got it, but she has one.

I am loving the book so far, and i will throw more stuff up as i think of it. feel free to comment and let the thread rabbit trail but untill i finish the book i will be posting other suspicions on this thread without reading other post because i don't want to use others theories as a crutch untill i have finished WOK. Man thsi is engaging.

i hope this thread isn't errorgant.
"We're Bridge Four, we've been around. We've liven in the crem and been used as bait. If it helps you survive, it's good. That's all that needs to be said about it."

EndOfDiscOne

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Re: "Spoilers" My predictions and suspicions as I read WOK. "Spoilers"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 04:22:35 AM »
I'm only slightly farther than you and I've thought the same things for #1 and #3.

It would probably be a good idea to post page numbers at the beginning of your posts for those who are also in the process of reading.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 05:59:15 AM »
Ditto on the need for page numbers.  I've already finished it, but we should know where you are so we can know what you have and have not read so we can know what should be discussed.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Nightfire107

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 11:17:19 AM »
well i finished it and was glad to know i was correct n all counts. The book was fantastic. can't wait for more.
"We're Bridge Four, we've been around. We've liven in the crem and been used as bait. If it helps you survive, it's good. That's all that needs to be said about it."

kain243

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 12:09:30 PM »
That's the problem with this book.  Even with 1000 pages its over too fast.

Nightfire107

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 07:39:39 AM »
very true, wheel of time never goes by that fast.

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 02:51:20 PM »
very true, wheel of time never goes by that fast.
Speak for yourself, I finished that sucker in under a day.

The twelfth one, that is. Not the whole series.
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.

Nightfire107

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:38:56 AM »
The thing is, i started WoT at the start of summer and i just began book 7. I  like the books and i do get engrossed but they do not grab me the way brandons books do. The biggest thing for me is that they are predictible and i have grown used to being suprised by fantasy <--this is all Brandons fault.