Author Topic: Which book, help!  (Read 1856 times)

Kierlionn

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Which book, help!
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:49:23 AM »
Okay I hate to stop reading a series when I am in the middle of it. I am just about to start reading "Crossroads of Twilight" but I also just bought TWoK, I can't decide which one to read. I thinking maybe TWoK first because Tor still hasn't gotten around to releasing all of TWoT series as eBooks and where I live makes it quite hard for me to get to a big book store as a minor.

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
Re: Which book, help!
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:27:50 AM »
Unless you can stretch the rest of WoT over a few years, you have to break up the series anyway, so you may as well start WoK now.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:02:00 PM »
Actually, with about 18 months left to go before AMoL is supposed to be released and four books left in the series to finish reading before then, I'd say read CoT first, and maybe even KoD after that.  That way you'll see what RJ was able to finish, take a break from the Wheel as we all did after he passed (reading WoK and any others you might want to), and then pick up Brandon's co-written last three and hit em bang-bang-bang, all the way to the end.  If you're a big fan of Brandon's, I'd still get WoK now, to help with first-week sales and all though.  :)

I'm always a fan of hitting Amazon if I'm looking for a specific book.  Knife of Dreams hardcover, for instance, is $12 with free shipping if you spend more than $25.  Total deal.  Looks like the Gathering Storm hardcover is about $20 right now.  And Towers of Midnight pre-orders for $16.  Whoa.  If you can't get to a bookstore, try that instead.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

Kierlionn

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
Actually, with about 18 months left to go before AMoL is supposed to be released and four books left in the series to finish reading before then, I'd say read CoT first, and maybe even KoD after that.  That way you'll see what RJ was able to finish, take a break from the Wheel as we all did after he passed (reading WoK and any others you might want to), and then pick up Brandon's co-written last three and hit em bang-bang-bang, all the way to the end.  If you're a big fan of Brandon's, I'd still get WoK now, to help with first-week sales and all though.  :)

I'm always a fan of hitting Amazon if I'm looking for a specific book.  Knife of Dreams hardcover, for instance, is $12 with free shipping if you spend more than $25.  Total deal.  Looks like the Gathering Storm hardcover is about $20 right now.  And Towers of Midnight pre-orders for $16.  Whoa.  If you can't get to a bookstore, try that instead.

Yeah I generally do eBooks as I am quite impatient while waiting to get a book. Now when I collecting things I do like to get the nice Hardbacks, which I plan to do during the small break where I will not have anything to read, thus nothing to spend money on.
Thanks for the advice so far guys.