Author Topic: Thanks for an awesome book!  (Read 3265 times)

toast

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Thanks for an awesome book!
« on: June 05, 2010, 04:35:19 AM »
Dan,

Just wanted to say thanks for the awesome book I Am Not a Serial Killer. I just got it from the library this evening and finished it in a few hours, laughing audibly much of the time. I liked it so much, I felt compelled to go online and leave you a note. (You're probably wishing I liked it so well I went and bought a copy, not just borrowed it from the library!)

Clever story, fun protagonist, and so witty throughout. I don't generally like horror, but this wasn't scary, just funny, and in fact insightful into how a sociopath thinks. Of course, I thought Blair With Project was just stupid, not scary, because they got what they deserved for "breaking the rules" of the forest. Since I don't anticipate a demon (how naive of me), how would people find this terrifying?

But an awesome read, and funny as hell? DEFINITELY.

Oh, and I am not a sociopath or a serial killer.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Thanks for an awesome book!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 07:28:58 PM »
Sweet, thank you very much. I'm glad you liked it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
Re: Thanks for an awesome book!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
Dan, I've been listening to you for years on the writing excuses podcast.  And until this month, you were the guy whose work I did not know, although I always thought you had interesting things to say.  Then I went to your reading at the nerd festival in Provo, and really enjoyed it. 

So I decided to buy one of your books.  You only had the second one for sale, although you were nice enough to autograph it for me.  And a week or so later I found your book at the BYU bookstore, although it took three or four clerks to help me locate it. 

I guess what I am saying is, reading I Am Not a Serial Killer took some doing.  But it was worth it. 

This really is a great book.  I read it on the plane this weekend, and when I get home I look forward to reading the sequel.  And I plan to buy the third-- and others, when they get published.  Thanks, Dan.  You have a new fan.