Author Topic: Book Signings  (Read 9213 times)

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Book Signings
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 05:14:54 PM »
How about a cake shaped like a magic card.... rectangular. HYUK HYUK!... or you could print a magic card onto the top of it. (they have edible printing at most cake places)
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

LadyArianna

• Level 2
  • Must. Eat. Sugar.
    • View Profile
    • The Idiot Pill
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 12:12:52 AM »

Whoo! 3 members! We are now the largest official-unofficial-impromtu-made-within-the-last-day chapter of TWG! :P
:D

Edit: we should totally do something special for brandon's signing next week, like...uh....bake him a pie or something. Or magic cards, he likes those. Or a magic card-pie or something!

I was thinking that, as well.  Maybe we could do a gift basket with some Magic cards and brownies and cookies and other stuff that people like to have when they're flying around doing signings far from the comfort of home.

There's also this really fun card game I ran across a couple of months ago, FLUXX Monty Python edition.  It's ridiculous and addictive with a quick set-up and very few rules, great for when you're on the road and want to have fun without thinking too hard.  Plus, it's Python.  You really don't NEED any other reason to have fun with it.  Poor Mrs. Brandon is probably praying daily for a small kitchen fire with all the Magic cards he's got stashed everywhere. 

Pie?  I like pie.  But card pie would probably not be as tasty as you might think   :P

Or we could try to beat the 17thshard.com guys and have an entire pallet of mac and cheese delivered to the signing  :)

Kindly sign me up for this St. Louis TWG chapter. See you there

Welcome!  Three is a magic number  :)  See you there! 

(I'll hold him down so you can interrogate him properly   ;) )
"I generally prefer introductions before theology. Lunch too, if it can be found. Perhaps a nice nap. Actually, practically anything should come before theology. But especially introductions." - Hoid

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 01:28:41 AM »
You can call yourselves the Louisers, or Lousers for short. ;D The TWG Lousers ;)

My family used to live in Alton, but moved away just before I was born. Woo!
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

LadyArianna

• Level 2
  • Must. Eat. Sugar.
    • View Profile
    • The Idiot Pill
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2010, 01:45:22 AM »
You can call yourselves the Louisers, or Lousers for short. ;D The TWG Lousers ;)

My family used to live in Alton, but moved away just before I was born. Woo!

:P   ;)
"I generally prefer introductions before theology. Lunch too, if it can be found. Perhaps a nice nap. Actually, practically anything should come before theology. But especially introductions." - Hoid

calvin

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »
Couple of quick questions: 

1)  How many people do they expect to show up to the non-Provo WoK book signings?  I live in D.C. and with it only being 2 hours, I was wondering if I need to get there early and/or if there will be any "chat" time with Brandon before/after.

2)  Peter, do you ever go on the book signing tours?
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:29 PM »

Whoo! 3 members! We are now the largest official-unofficial-impromtu-made-within-the-last-day chapter of TWG! :P
:D

If your signing was on a weekend and maybe not so far (5+ hour drive), maybe I would join you.  :)

Come on, we need more to speak up for the Chicago signing!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 02:37:11 PM by Hobbun »

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010, 04:33:08 PM »
I don't go on the tours. I will be going to Dragon*Con, though.

It's hard to say how many people will show up at these signings. Fewer than on the TGS tour, I would expect. Also, Brandon's departure time from the signings will not usually be strict, unless he has to catch a flight, which should usually happen the next day, not that night.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

LadyArianna

• Level 2
  • Must. Eat. Sugar.
    • View Profile
    • The Idiot Pill
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2010, 04:29:55 PM »
It's tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See all you St. Louis peeps there   8)

I'll be the one in the purple plaid shirt, possibly drooling on myself a little, possibly covered with neon pink fangirlspren...

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2010, 04:34:14 PM »
It's tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See all you St. Louis peeps there   8)

I'll be the one in the purple plaid shirt, possibly drooling on myself a little, possibly covered with neon pink fangirlspren...

Yup, sure is. I'll be there. I should be strolling in around 6 or so
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Batchman

• Level 4
  • Can I get you some water?
    • View Profile
    • Official Gordon Korman Web Site
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 07:41:58 PM »
I was at the signing last night in Orlando.

Some people asked a lot of questions, and were there for quite a while. At first the line barely moved at all. After a while, things started moving more quickly. I don't know if that was because Brandon started limiting the amount of time people could speak to him, or if the people themselves just started to keep the line moving more.

I asked about Scribbler, and received word to look for it next year, and chatted slightly about other things, but then I moved on. I didn't want to, but physically I am a big guy, and I was lugging around five books, and after standing in line for about a half hour, I was about to collapse.

Maybe next time I'll wait until near the end of the signing, then offer dinner, myself.

LastOne

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2010, 03:45:42 AM »
Never been to a book signing, it sounds like quite a lot of fun. Really sucks that he's coming to the Chicago area right after I have to go back to Minnesota for college. Why couldn't he have come here this weekend.  :( Anyways back to reading Way of Kings surprised I took a break from it to look here.

By the way If Brandon came to Winona or the Twin Cities that would be probably make my year.  ::)
LastOne
If you can't express it in words, try a picture it's worth a thousand.

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 08:02:29 AM »
I had an absolute blast at all the signings in Atlanta and Decatur this past weekend. Thanks so much to everyone who came and said such nice things about the artwork in the book. You guys are awesome!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 08:04:27 AM by Inkthinker »

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 11:57:18 AM »
Inkthinker: hoping to see more of your art in the future books, it was great.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »
I hope more of the book signings get recorded and are on the web. There are several from the Gathering Storm on google videos. People ask different questions and different signings.

Munin

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 02:33:30 PM »
Oh, and tell him that you're a Time Waster. We are his Abercrombie uber-zombie generals and he loves us even more than the cannon fodder (which is a lot, for those of you who haven't been following his blog).
Does this apply only to the long-timers who were around back when he still posted here, or would it include the newcomers like me?

Also, is anyone else gonna be at the Mystery Galaxy signing on September 10th?
There's a difference between what's best and what's right. What's best might be different tomorrow or the day after, but right and wrong will stay the same after a thousand years.