Author Topic: STL WoK Signing Pics and Video  (Read 6724 times)

Hobbun

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: STL WoK Signing Pics and Video (Video forthcoming)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 12:49:17 AM »
Some day, Brandon will be really hungry, and we'll never see Miyabi again. T_T

Edit: Also, posted the videos of the 1st part of Q&A. Unfortunately like i said, i dont have any video of the second part.

LOL

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: STL WoK Signing Pics and Video
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 01:26:37 AM »

This message has been approved by Miyabi. /cheesy grin.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

zebobes

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 03:59:50 AM »
Okay, enough with the cheesy jokes...  :P

I watched the videos, and Brandon mentioned that chronologically, tWoK comes after Dragonsteel and White Sands. I've always been a big stickler for reading things in order, so for some reason I find this mildly distressing.  :D

So, where does Mistborn, Elantris, and Warbreaker fit into all of this? 25 years later, are we going to have this huge gigantic mind bendingly awesome book that combines all the series into a gigantic climax? Mistborn is probably a good deal earlier, since we're going to have the two other Mistborn trilogies, with the one involving space travel, that will probably have stories from two different worlds blending together...

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »
Watched the videos and I think it's pretty cool that Brandon was willing to take the Q&A outside. A lot of authors would just take off. How long did he talk for outside? Although I think it's pretty funny that the store was trying to kick him out. You'd figure  they would extend the hours a bit due to him coming to sign. 

Also, did anyone offer to take Brandon for something to eat?   lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:10:54 PM by Hobbun »

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 04:23:26 PM »
Watched the videos and I think it's pretty cool that Brandon was willing to take the Q&A outside. A lot of authors would just take off. How long did he talk for outside? Although I think it's pretty funny that the store was trying to kick him out. You'd figure  they would extend the hours a bit due to him coming to sign. 

Also, did anyone offer to take Brandon for something to eat?   lol

He talked for maybe another 15 minutes or so outside.

I would have offered to take him to dinner, however, he had plans to challenge people to magic cards after the signing for the code to the great hunt, so i assumed that made it a "no" so i didnt bother asking.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »
To challenge people at the signing? Maybe will have to bring a couple of my decks to my signing.   :)

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2010, 04:30:23 PM »
To challenge people at the signing? Maybe will have to bring a couple of my decks to my signing.   :)

Actually, they didn't play at the signing. They went back to his hotel room, and played him there.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2010, 04:33:53 PM »
Well yeah, I figured it was off site as you were relegated to being outside at that point. But was he talking about challenging people who were at the signing? Or was it not clear?

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
Well yeah, I figured it was off site as you were relegated to being outside at that point. But was he talking about challenging people who were at the signing? Or was it not clear?

Yeah, it was people at the signing. He wanted three people to play against (i assume had three prizes. He said he had the code and "some prizes from wizards"). Only two people brought cards, but there was also a guy who lived in the area and went to grab his.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2010, 04:55:43 PM »
Well, definitely will have to bring a couple  decks along, then!

Thanks!   :)

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »
Well, definitely will have to bring a couple  decks along, then!

Thanks!   :)

No prob. Yeah, it made me wish i brought my deck. Going home and heading back for me would have taken about an hour or so, so that wasn't an option. The idea didn't even occur to me.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »
Yeah, wouldn't have occurred to me, either, until I saw it here. I'm only about 20 minutes, tops, from the signing. But that's still 40 minutes (there and back). Still too far.

Haven't played Magic in at least a couple years. And the most recent cards in my decks are from sets around 7-8 yrs old. I think the most recent card sets I have is Scourge or Onlsaught.  lol  If I play him, he'll kill me. But I'll have fun dying.   :)

LadyArianna

• Level 2
  • Must. Eat. Sugar.
    • View Profile
    • The Idiot Pill
Re: STL WoK Signing Pics and Video (Video forthcoming)
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 08:07:36 PM »
You were with the girl with the cute hair and glasses! 

I presume you mean her?

Yup,  I was the guy with her, she's my girlfriend. I'm the dude in the blue shirt.

Also: the person behind you in line, eh? Were you the person i was speaking with briefly concerning root beer and madness? :P

Edit: that's an awesome title for something. "Root beer and madness", starring Keanu reeves as the stoner, carrot top as that annoying guy, and guest starring jean claude van damme

Yep, that's her!  And also that was me.  Talking to my Root Beer like a crazy person... you're lucky I wasn't serenading it  :D

Um, Jean Claude Van Damme???  *shudder*  That dude creeps me out!  "Root Beer and Madness"  Friday night at Verizon Wireless Amphitheater.  Would be a crazy band name  ;)
"I generally prefer introductions before theology. Lunch too, if it can be found. Perhaps a nice nap. Actually, practically anything should come before theology. But especially introductions." - Hoid