Author Topic: Dragonsteel  (Read 59401 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Dragonsteel
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2010, 11:27:52 PM »
Yes.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

atlas689

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2010, 08:06:11 PM »
Dragonsteel is now the series name, and the first book will be titled "The Liar of Partinel."  (Probably.)  The book you all read (now tentatively titled "The Eternal War") will be the third or fourth book in the series, and we will wait that long to introduce Jerick, Ryalla, and Bat'Chor.  "Liar" will take place some five hundred years before "The Eternal War." 

Does "the book you all read" refer to the BYU Dragonsteel book?

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:18 PM »
Yes, the one that has been missing from the library for sometime now. :(

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2010, 04:53:54 AM »
Missing?  I know I returned it.  Just put yourself on the waiting list.  You won't find it on the shelves. Ever.  Of course, by missing, you could also mean that you ARE on the waiting list and it hasn't gotten to your turn yet.  It's probably a really long list.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

mycoltbug

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2010, 02:10:09 PM »
There's no list this time.  It's got a trace on it, and can't be found in the Library.  I've been trying to go check it out for 3 months now.  They keep telling me it's gone but they may find it in the future.  *shrugs*

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2010, 05:55:44 PM »
Time to print out another copy Brandon! Somebody stole it! :searches the web for it:
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

AllWrong

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2010, 12:20:16 PM »
Any chance EUOL would be willing to sell digital copies of the Dragonsteel that currently exists?  Just a Word document, or a really long email?  I'd be willing to pay for it.  He's become my favorite (active) author, and even at the speed he writes, I still get impatient for more.  I'd LOVE to read Dragonsteel, but BYU is like 20 hours away...

atlas689

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2010, 01:02:10 AM »
Any chance EUOL would be willing to sell digital copies of the Dragonsteel that currently exists?  Just a Word document, or a really long email?  I'd be willing to pay for it.  He's become my favorite (active) author, and even at the speed he writes, I still get impatient for more.  I'd LOVE to read Dragonsteel, but BYU is like 20 hours away...

Or that a new copy could be printed so those of us who are on the waiting list can read it?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2010, 03:29:35 AM »

Chances are he won't. He doesn't want people to read it because he will one day rewrite it.  Some of it is used in WoK.  Everyone will get to read it eventually.  So even being able to get it from ILL is pretty good.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #159 on: August 31, 2010, 01:27:57 AM »
When WoK has been out for a while you Dragonsteel readers are going to have to tell us what it was that got ported over. :)

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2010, 04:27:42 AM »
I can tell you right now.  It's the shattered plains and one of the characters, Rock (I think).  That's about it.  Spoiler free.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"