Author Topic: Way of Kings  (Read 8955 times)

Ari54

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
Re: Way of Kings
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 06:16:44 AM »
I suppose so, so long as it doesn't cause any problems for Brandon or Tor. :)

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 10:24:27 AM »
Site I've preordered from have now dropped the price by almost £5, but they won't give me a partial refund unless I cancel the order completely and order it over again, which from the look of it may take more hassle than £5 is worth.

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »
Well, my copy hasn't showed up yet, but all feel free to coment on the book in this thread now it's out probably use spoiler tags for stuff beyond the samples.

Hearttlight

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2010, 10:11:25 AM »
I'm getting pretty irritated now. For some reason, the website where I order all my books doesn't get the concept of pre-ordering. Happened with Gathering Storms, where I didn't have my book four days after release and I made a trip to the other side of the country to get it (two days later, they sent it anyway, so I now have two hardcover copy's of tGS). And it's happening again. Still no WoK. And I want it. I need it. I long for it! *runs around screaming, waving his arms*

calvin

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 01:41:27 PM »
LOL....sounds like time to change websites!
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
I'm getting pretty irritated now. For some reason, the website where I order all my books doesn't get the concept of pre-ordering. Happened with Gathering Storms, where I didn't have my book four days after release and I made a trip to the other side of the country to get it (two days later, they sent it anyway, so I now have two hardcover copy's of tGS). And it's happening again. Still no WoK. And I want it. I need it. I long for it! *runs around screaming, waving his arms*

Two words: Book Depository

Three more words: Free Worldwide Shipping

The Most Important Word: Reliable

And YES please everyone use **SPOILER** tags in the title if you're going to talk about the book's content with any detail. That would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:00:37 PM by Nessa »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Hearttlight

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2010, 04:04:20 PM »
Aww! Thanks for the tip! Hadn't heard of it. Cancelled my order, though. Going on a trip to Amsterdam tomorrow, because WoK is in stock there.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 06:19:19 AM »

I agree Book Depository is the BEST place to buy books on the internet hands down.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 09:35:36 AM »
Well, got the book on Tuesday, but didn't have much time so could only be half way through till yesterday when suddenly I had more time and have therefore finished it.

As this is a spoilerless topic, I'll just say that it was a very enjoyable read, and despite my relatively careful reading Brandon managed to surprise me repeatedly.