Author Topic: Brandon's books in paperback at the BYU bookstore  (Read 1857 times)

DoubleTap45

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Brandon's books in paperback at the BYU bookstore
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:28:27 PM »
I couldn't find paperback versions of Brandon's older books at the BYU bookstore online site. Does anyone know if they have them? Or if they will have them for the signing?

Thank you.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon's books in paperback at the BYU bookstore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:02:41 PM »
There will be tons of books there at the signing, paperbacks and hardcovers included. I think they don't put everything in their online store. It's not really the go-to place to buy things online.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:01:47 PM »
most college bookstores are primarily for buying books for classes. They typically won't keep a big supply of books that are not requested by a professor.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 05:55:32 PM »
The BYU bookstore has three floors. Only the top floor is for textbooks. The middle floor is like a normal bookstore except it also sells a lot of clothes in the back half, not all of which are BYU-themed. It has a substantial SF/Fantasy section.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 12:40:28 AM »
Hey DT,

I was just in there yesterday and they had a ton of all of the cosmere books except for WB over on the shelf in the sf/f section.  Just to let you know!
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 12:42:19 PM »
I have degrees from 3 colleges and none of the ones I went to had a significant SF/F section. Is the BYU bookstore near a main road and they get people come to it who are not students?

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »
No. But there is no other bookstore close to campus (you have to get in a car and drive 10 minutes to get to a Borders or B&N, and there's not an indy close by). And BYU has 33,000 students and a healthy percentage of science fiction/fantasy fans.