Author Topic: Things to do in Provo while waiting to stand in line.  (Read 8370 times)

LadyArianna

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Must. Eat. Sugar.
    • View Profile
    • The Idiot Pill
Re: Things to do in Provo while waiting to stand in line.
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 04:25:11 AM »
He can sign it after it's given away if that's easier for him.  Sign it when the winner comes through the line.  But really, whatever is the easiest for him with screaming boys and girls throwing their panties at him in the fandemonium.

Awesome!  So we don't get booted for panty throwing?  I'll have to remember that for when he gets to St. Louis   ;D

note: not actually planning to throw panties, but there is no "facetious" tag available   :P 

I may, however, bring baked goods.
"I generally prefer introductions before theology. Lunch too, if it can be found. Perhaps a nice nap. Actually, practically anything should come before theology. But especially introductions." - Hoid

Shi

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 07:04:35 AM »
Well, I love the Pizza Factory, they've got great breadsticks and amazing crust (since they're made from the same dough). If you like Chinese the Lotus Garden is really good. And a fun place for ice cream is Sub0-zero, you get to choose what kind of flavors you want, and they make it right in front of you using liquid nitrogen!

Mm, other than that I'm not sure. I've only been living here a few weeks, and I haven't been to any burger joints yet.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
wow. Just read the post from Peter on Brandons webpage. You expect people to line up at 8 AM? You better bring a buddy to hold your spot so you can leave the line for a few minutes here and there.

Sounds like they are expecting hundreds of people to show up. It sounds like the signing will go all night.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »
wow. Just read the post from Peter on Brandons webpage. You expect people to line up at 8 AM? You better bring a buddy to hold your spot so you can leave the line for a few minutes here and there.

Sounds like they are expecting hundreds of people to show up. It sounds like the signing will go all night.

Brandon's release signings here in Utah have always drawn a ton of people, even from the release of his first Mistborn novel.  Most of the attendees are veterans to the cause.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2010, 01:29:29 AM »
I just have one dumb question to ask after seeing the new rules. I assume the line will be in place all day, and as new people come, they'll pick up a number and get in line. They can take quick breaks throughout the day, but they have to be in line at 9:00. My brother wonders if we can't just pick up a number, then leave, as long as we're in line before 9:00.

So uh, do we have to wait in line all day, or can we just grab our tickets and spend the day partying in Provo?

Right now, I'd love to be wrong.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2010, 04:09:48 AM »
You can leave after you have your number. Just be back by 9.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2010, 07:54:08 PM »
Glad I asked then. That sounds good.

WriterDan

• Level 11
  • Babble from below, bubbles from above...
    • View Profile
    • Shelfari page
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »
Wow.  So I just got a lot of good places to visit, and I freaking live here.  Awesome.

Pirate pizza by the 5-guys in Orem has awesome fresh-made potato chips. The pizza is okay if you like parmesan cheese.

My kid has been buggin me like mad to go to Pirate Pizza.  I think I just got some great incentive to go...
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I review books at Elitist Book Reviews.  Check us out.

ImMe

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010, 05:50:50 PM »
I'm a big fan of Sammy's. It's a little hole-in-the wall burger joint on 100 west just off of Center Street in Provo. Great burgers, sweet potato fries (my personal favorite), and cupcake or  pie shakes. It's fun!

Vatdoro

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »
Does the BYU Bookstore/campus have free wifi I can tap into?

Andrew the Great

• Level 19
  • If that never happened again, it would be too soon
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
In general, yes, though I'm not sure how good the connection is outside the bookstore. I've only used it in the Talmage Building and the Crabtree building.
Sign on wall: "We're doing everything we can to get you to the math lab and get you help."
Random girl: "That explains so much about the way my professors have been teaching..."

"Look! I can play Mary had a little lamb on my rape whistle!"

Executor of Chaos' Opinions in the Event of His Absence

LadyArianna

• Level 2
  • Must. Eat. Sugar.
    • View Profile
    • The Idiot Pill
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010, 03:47:05 AM »
Happy thoughts to everyone at the midnight release party! 

Post some pics for the poor souls who live 22 hours away?
"I generally prefer introductions before theology. Lunch too, if it can be found. Perhaps a nice nap. Actually, practically anything should come before theology. But especially introductions." - Hoid

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 11:35:28 AM »
Have a great time all. :)

calvin

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »
So...how many people showed up?  Those of us who don't live in Utah wanted to be there.  Details would be nice.
If everyone else sits back and does nothing, the bad guy wins.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »
I didn't go. The last release party I went to was crazy, and I didn't feel like spending hours in line. It looked like things finally wrapped up around 4 am though, if that's any indication.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/