Author Topic: Things to do in Provo while waiting to stand in line.  (Read 8382 times)

Phaz

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Things to do in Provo while waiting to stand in line.
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 04:48:06 AM »

And if you've never been to Utah you should probably try Cafe Rio (Tex-Mex), which is either 200 North State Street in Orem or else off University Parkway in Provo (by the Reams/ShopKo).

Cafe Rio is awesome.  I make it a mission to stop there every time I pass through Utah.  I love their food.

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 05:28:45 AM »
JCW's the burger boys has awesome burgers, fries and shakes.  I don't know if there is one in Provo but there is one at Thanksgiving Point just north of Lehi (about 20 miles north of Provo) and you can then swing over to Cabela's and see the cool fish tanks and stuffed trophy animals and do some light shopping.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

DoubleTap45

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 04:20:11 PM »
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like plenty of things to keep us busy if we get there a day early. Although I'm not sure I can ever get by with "light" shopping at Cabela's. Oh I "NEED" two of those, three of that, and definitely one of each of those! :) At least since I'm out of state I can only look at the guns.

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2010, 06:09:56 PM »
Peter, do you know many details of the midnight signing?  I'm trying to set up logistics for our group and the big thing now is if we'll try driving back that night.

Do you know if he is going to raffle away anything after the signing, if so what?  Also, I know it's really hard to predict, but how late is your best guess on it taking to get through everyone?

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
Last time, the line went through all the people in about an hour. Most raffling seem to happen before midnight, while people are waiting in line. I have no idea, though if you want it personalized.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2010, 06:58:11 PM »
About an hour? Not for the TGS signing, where everything was done at 3:00 a.m. For this signing, maybe 2:00? 2:30? There were raffles throughout the signing. I didn't show up much ahead of time so I don't know what was given out before then. I am pretty sure Brandon has not decided what to bring for the raffle yet.

OTOH, traffic will be great at 2:00.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

David802

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 01:10:46 AM »
Lol, ok so I created an account specifically because I read this topic and immediately flashed back to the bellow linked ksl article.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=10587782

Seriously though if you've not seen the museums they are pretty cool.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »
I have 't been in Provo for a while, but my absolute favorite place to eat was Burgers Supreme. I loved their french fries. And if you like books, there were some really good used bookstores on Provo's Center Street.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
About an hour? Not for the TGS signing, where everything was done at 3:00 a.m. For this signing, maybe 2:00? 2:30? There were raffles throughout the signing. I didn't show up much ahead of time so I don't know what was given out before then. I am pretty sure Brandon has not decided what to bring for the raffle yet.

OTOH, traffic will be great at 2:00.

@Peter:  I have an ARC for WoK for Brandon to sign and give away courtesy of EBR.
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »
When do you want him to sign it?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »
When do you want him to sign it?

He can sign it after it's given away if that's easier for him.  Sign it when the winner comes through the line.  But really, whatever is the easiest for him with screaming boys and girls throwing their panties at him in the fandemonium.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
If you're coming to the signing, it should be easy to arrange. I'm not going to get there until midnight or slightly afterward, since I'm driving from the airport...

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 08:32:12 PM »
If you're coming to the signing, it should be easy to arrange. I'm not going to get there until midnight or slightly afterward, since I'm driving from the airport...

Yup. I'll be there.

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 03:30:42 AM »
I just saw the changes to the rules and have a question.

It says one numbered book per ticket, and one ticket per person.  For the Warbreaker release I had a few people who couldn't make the signing who wanted books, and I was able to pick up a couple extras from a pile that were signed (but high numbers, after all those to people in line) and have him sign those.

Will that still be an option?  Right now I'm hoping to pick up 3-4 extra copies at least.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2010, 04:11:38 AM »
Yes, you can still do that, but it will have to be higher numbers than the number of people in line.