Author Topic: Brandon Book List  (Read 9373 times)

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Brandon Book List
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 06:45:54 AM »
where do you get these unpublished books? is there a secret password that must be delivered to the innkeeper at dawn behind the chicken coop, to access the secret order that will send me on a quest to uncover the hidden chamber where they lie?

or...word docs?

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 06:48:31 AM »
No you have to get them from a secret box underneath the railroad tracks between 11:37 and 11:37 3/4.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »

I specifically am labeling CANON Shardworlds, which means they are published.  WoK isn't published yet.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Plasman

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2010, 07:52:17 AM »
for that matter neither are White Sand or Aether of Night. i may be wrong, but i don't believe Aether of Night will ever be published as is. i think it was subjected to some Brandon-cannibalism and the magic, at least in part, was adopted to liar of partinel. i may be wrong though.
Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together.

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
seriously though, where would I be able to find those two books? Aether and White Sand? My curiosity is overwhelming

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
Ruin was in Aether of Night, except he was named Decay. The Aethers themselves went into Liar of Partinel, and at least one of the things the people fight went into the Way of Kings.

So yeah, Aether of Night as such will never be published.

Brandon doesn't have a plan on when he'll write White Sand next.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
seriously though, where would I be able to find those two books? Aether and White Sand? My curiosity is overwhelming

Brandon said, quite recently too, that if you e-mail him and ask for them, he will send them to you.  I think it was when he was in the chat room, what, two days ago, that he said it.  I'll check.

*Edit* Yeah, it's in there.  You probably have to promise not to go blabbing things though.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:30:52 PM by Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV »
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2010, 06:55:46 AM »
The thing is, he is so busy he may not send you anything.  I got White Sand from him in October 2008 and read it immediately.

IT.  IS.  AWESOME.

In December of 2008 I asked for something else and still haven't gotten it.  Not really a complaint, just an observation.  He is writing like 4500 books at the same time, you know.

Of course with Peter running things, I may ask again and things may be different.  He is pretty on the ball.  I would love to get my hands on Scribbler and others.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 08:36:23 AM »
He seemed pretty on top of things last year. I e-mailed him in early June. I think...asking for Scribbler, and he sent it to me less than two weeks later...of course, before he sent it to me, I'd thought it would take longer and so I asked Peter, and he sent it to me the next day...

And dang, Scribbler was fantastic.

I really should ask for White Sand. Hmm....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »
Trade you.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
He seemed pretty on top of things last year. I e-mailed him in early June.

Lucky you. I emailed him towards the end of last October and finally received a response from him a couple weeks ago. It was probably just timing, though, as that was right around the time of his tour for TGS and then I am guessing he still very busy due going into 2010 working on WoK and continuing with ToM.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »
See, I thought it would take him a LOT longer, because I was talking to one of my friends who had e-mailed that last April. She still hadn't gotten a response. Hence why I shot the request over to Peter as well....I was desperate to get my hands on it fast. If I'd known it would only take him 12 days to get back to me, I wouldn't have asked Peter.

Trade you.

Tempting...Very tempting. Can we get Peter's sanction on this? It's only for my conscience's sake. It feels guilty passing around another writer's work without that writer's knowledge....:P
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »

It really depends.  I have been emailing him for years.  Sometimes you get a reply in a week, other times it takes two months. 
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »
Well, I’ve only emailed him once, so I certainly do not have any kind of good basis to work off of. However, I know when I spoke with others at the TGS signing I went to last October (right after I sent him my email), I think the soonest one of them indicated they received a reply from Brandon was around 4-5 months.

I am sure it just really depends on how busy he is at the time. Especially on what Miyabi is indicating with the shorter responses times he has received. Unless he has some ‘in’ with Brandon we don’t know about.   :)

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 08:18:46 PM »
Unless he has some ‘in’ with Brandon we don’t know about.   :)

Well, ya know, Brandon did refer to him as one of his friends during that Magic game...