Departments > Books

Has Anyone Read the Wild Cards Series

(1/2) > >>

daranthered:
I don't particularly like George R.R. Martin (the one exception being "The Armageddon Rag").  However, some writers I really like, Roger Zelazny for example, have written in the Wild Cards Universe.  I was wondering if it was worth getting into.

Anyone have an opinion?

Dragon Shard:
NO, I dont know anyone whos ever read wild cards, but i understand that its pretty successful

dhalagirl:
I haven't read them, but I have a good friend that loves them.  He's spent the better part of 5 years hunting for copies of the early books.  That kind of devotion bodes well for the quality of the series.

guessingo:
The concept where you have a bunch of writers working on a shared story together is very interesting. However, I would need to know someone directly who read them to get me to try. The whole super hero premise doesn't do it for me.

Makes me wonder if GRRM does these because of his experience in television writing. Television writing is a group activity. Writing novels is a solitary job where you are by yourself all day long. This type of book lets George work as a group with other writers.

dhalagirl:
It also allows him to get paid without actually writing a book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version