Author Topic: Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*  (Read 9641 times)

jrh1524

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:09:50 PM »
So, after reading the annotations and the summaries of some of Brandon's interviews, we have a good idea of what the next Mistborn Trilogy is going to look like.

Here's a summary of what I've gathered so far:

1. The next trilogy will be set either 500 or 1000 years after the end of Mistborn #3
2. Brandon plans to complete two books in the Stormlight Archives universe then write a book based in another universe (maybe a Mistborn Sequel book), then repeat the pattern
3. The main character will burn Necrosil (someone who can cause duralumin effects in others by touching them and burning Necrosil)
4. Sazed will still be god
5. Marsh and TenSoon will still be around
6. Even though at the end of Mistborn #3 there were some teasers that Sazed may try and bring Vin and Elend back, this will not happen

My Thoughts:

1. I really would like to see Vin again in the sequel trilogy.  I know it may not make story-wise sense to bring her back, but I really enjoyed her character.   I would be satisfied if one of the characters in the new book is a descendant of Vin and Elend, but alas this cannot happen.
2. Hopefully the descendants of some of the other characters show up.  I'm sure Breeze, General Demoux (spelling?) and Spook married their sweeties and had children.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:12:39 PM by jrh1524 »

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
He said Marsh MIGHT concievably come back.  He never said he would.  I suppose that would depend on whether he has enough Atium (most of it is gone remember, how long can what's left last), and whether or not Brandon wants him around.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:09:39 PM »
Brandon will probably write the WARBREAKER sequel and the ELANTRIS sequel (and likely a few other books) before starting the second Mistborn trilogy.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:41 PM »

Gosh, it needs to be way in the future so I can read these books. xD

Love reading sequels.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »
It'll probably be a while - I'd say its best to wait and see. In the meantime there shall be plenty of other material to read.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 07:15:00 PM »
It'll probably be a while - I'd say its best to wait and see. In the meantime there shall be plenty of other material to read.

I understand why, but I am not excited for next year only getting a WoT book.  :(  It makes me sad.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:22 PM »
Oh, you'll probably get SOMETHING next year. Just not an adult fantasy/cosmere book.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 10:02:34 PM »
Mr. Ahlstrom is stroking the fires of our anticipation. I only hope that his foolhardy actions will not result in a towering inferno that sets us all ablaze with...anticipation.

Only YOU can help prevent Wild Fires!

That is all.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 10:48:13 PM »
Oh, you'll probably get SOMETHING next year. Just not an adult fantasy/cosmere book.

=o

Yay for YA!
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

WrittenOnTheStars

• Level 2
  • Paradigms are for the weak-minded
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »
I'm gonna call it here and say large-scale business romance story between two rival CEO's or a deep secluded mystery book about thievery and thriftery.

Haha, jk. :)
"So this is how liberty dies, by thunderous applause." – Padmé Amidala, Star Wars Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 12:45:21 AM »
My brother and I are antsy for the Elantris sequel (he threw a fit when he finished and I told him as of yet it was a stand alone)
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 05:32:49 AM »
Well I think it'll be some time before we know for sure, eh?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 06:59:32 AM »
My brother and I are antsy for the Elantris sequel (he threw a fit when he finished and I told him as of yet it was a stand alone)

Heh... so did I. I didn't read Mistborn when it first came out because of it (though that was more because of forgetfulness).

3. The main character will burn Necrosil (someone who can cause duralumin effects in others by touching them and burning Necrosil)

Hmmm, methinks it is Nicrosil. Necrosil sounds like Necromancers would use it.

Which, admittedly, would be pretty awesome.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 07:18:59 AM »
It's spelled Nicrosil, yes.  I have them memorized.  (Am I crazy for listing off the allomantic metals in a very specific order whenever I go up or down the stairs of my home?  There are 16 steps!  It's too good a setup to pass over!)

Didn't Brandon also say something about a Mistborn serial killer?  I think he might have been inspired by one of his podcasting buddies.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 08:01:17 AM »
It's spelled Nicrosil, yes.  I have them memorized.  (Am I crazy for listing off the allomantic metals in a very specific order whenever I go up or down the stairs of my home?  There are 16 steps!  It's too good a setup to pass over!)

You aren't. I have my framed Table of Allomantic Metals right above my computer ;)
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.