Author Topic: Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*  (Read 10038 times)

happyman

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 06:44:33 PM »
Well, we're good then, cuz Sazed always was the most stable and balanced character.  And the fact that he's a Feruchemist doesn't hurt either.

My personal theory?  That it would be impossible for somebody wasn't (inherently) a feruchemist to hold both powers.  Feruchemy is the power of balance, the one that can handle both already.  This is probably not an accident, but rather a deep expression of the nature of the powers in the universe.
Nature hates being reified.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 09:27:10 PM »
Yeah, I had wondered how was able to take both powers.  I hoped it wasn't something as mundane as "He reached for them at the same time so one couldn't reject the other," but honestly, that was how it looked to me.  Perhaps the Feruchemist answer is right, or maybe it was because he was the Hero of Ages, and as such was designed by Preservation to be able to hold both powers.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »
Doesn't it say that when Ruin and Preservation work together they create? It seems that Sazed would be alright with that.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that Sazedium just sounds a little funny?

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure Sazedium was a joke. Everyone knows that if Sazed invented an Allomantic metal, it'd be call Ithinkium.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2010, 10:01:00 PM »
Yeah, I had wondered how was able to take both powers.  I hoped it wasn't something as mundane as "He reached for them at the same time so one couldn't reject the other," but honestly, that was how it looked to me.  Perhaps the Feruchemist answer is right, or maybe it was because he was the Hero of Ages, and as such was designed by Preservation to be able to hold both powers.

These ideas aren't necessarily exclusive.

I'm guessing that the only kind of person who could be primed to have both powers would by be a Feruchemist, or possibly that someone who had been primed to have both powers would (by virtue of the priming) be a Feruchemist.  Either way, it seems like the two would naturally go together.

Of course, there may be more to it than that.  Unfortunately, we don't seem to have any further insight into how Sazed took the power.  This seems to be only the smallest part of that.
Nature hates being reified.