Author Topic: Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*  (Read 10079 times)

KhyEllie

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Trilogy Sequel *Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 03:54:32 AM »
I believe they are refering to a book called Scribbler in which the magic has to do with chalk. if you dig deep enough through the forum you should be able to find the first few chapters, though of course they would be the first few chapters as of several years ago. Still, i think its very interesting and would be happy to read the rest of it.

I just read the chapters! AGH! How do I get more? Talk about a cliffhanger...

Rezo

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »
Well, about possible Mistborn sequel, I've got my own idea for the story. I think I already wrote it somewhere here, but I'll do it again.
So, I was wondering, if Atium returns to the world a long time after it's used, and it's growing in the Pits, maybe Larasium - which should follow the same rules, due to the balance on Scandrial - does as well? I think there are Larasium Pits somewhere in Mistborn's world, waiting for people to discover them.
That would fit the story, if the sequel would be set hundreds of years after all the atium and all the larasium have been burned. Imagine that! There are no Mistborn in the world, they are known only from legends, and suddenly, the chance to become one reappears, along with the deadliest of metals, atium.

Assuming that Larasium and Atium will both return to Scandrial, and assuming that someone, theoretically, may know this fact, we have the main plot for next Mistborn book ready.

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2010, 06:10:37 PM »
WHich one is Larsium again? is that by any chance the "hey Elend, don't die, you can be a badass instead" metal?

Rezo

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2010, 06:44:30 PM »
WHich one is Larsium again? is that by any chance the "hey Elend, don't die, you can be a badass instead" metal?
Yup, that's the one.
If you didn't read HoA, I'll write a short explaination...
There are two God Metals, Atium and Larasium, both coming from one of two godlike entities from Mistborn world, Ruin and Preservations. It's told somewhere in the book that consumed Atium returns to the world to be harvested from the Pits of Hatshin.
So, according to this rule, we can expect that Larasium also returns to this world after some time.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »
Brandon has said that the sequel trilogy will most likely be set in a modern type setting and will involve a Mistborn serial killer, who is being hunted down by a SWAT-Team-esq group of Mistings.

Knowing Brandon, of course, in a twist it will be revealed that the Mistborn is killing bad people (my guess is that it will be people using Hemalurgy or something of the sort) and that there will be all kinds of plot twists within plot twists, haha.  Just my guess.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »
So, according to this rule, we can expect that Larasium also returns to this world after some time.

Only if Sazed decides to release some of it.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Rezo

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »

Only if Sazed decides to release some of it.
Maybe the process can go on without his knowledge/acceptance? I mean, balance is something even he can't change - the amount of Preservation and Ruin in the world is constant.
I know that it's a stretch, but it's one of the best theories I have for the next Mistborn possible plots.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2010, 10:20:44 PM »
Brandon said specifically in the Hero of Ages Spoiler thread that there would not be atium anymore in the later Mistborn novels unless Sazed plans to release it.

I'd imagine that while Ruin and Preservation opposed each other, so Preservation could prevent Ruin from the atium, now that Sazed holds all the power, he can do whatever he pleases with it.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Mike

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 01:53:37 PM »
Since there was a person named Ati, and a person named Laras who bonded with shards, and the metal names are Atium and Larasium, I wonder if, now that Sazed has control of both shards, they will stop being produced, and instead there will be Sazedium.  Swallow a pellet of that and see where the rabbit hole goes.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 01:58:52 AM »
Since there was a person named Ati, and a person named Laras who bonded with shards, and the metal names are Atium and Larasium, I wonder if, now that Sazed has control of both shards, they will stop being produced, and instead there will be Sazedium.  Swallow a pellet of that and see where the rabbit hole goes.

My guess? Instant demi-god.
Nature hates being reified.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 03:01:26 AM »
I'd bet that Atium and Larasium would still exist, in addition to Sazedium.  That'd be a trip.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 03:40:50 AM »
What I want to know is how holding the power for that long will change Sazed.  If I remember correctly, the power of Ruin and Preservation had corrupted the minds of Ati and Leras toward the philosophy of their Shards.  With Sazed possessing two powers, will they balance, leaving him fundamentally the same, or will he also become an altered personality?
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2010, 10:03:32 AM »
If they were to perfectly balance in him that would turn him into a sort of do nothing guy wouldn't it?

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 02:45:37 PM »
If they were to perfectly balance in him that would turn him into a sort of do nothing guy wouldn't it?

No, not really.  I mean, the power of Ruin is all about change.  Preservation is all about doing nothing.  So if they balance, my guess would be "Do something, but only when it's better than what came before."  Kind of like how Sazed was able to remake and create using the two together at the end of HoA.

I've wondered about this before too.  Holding two opposed powers seems like it should be much more healthy than just holding one, leaving room for the person holding them to still be there after all is said and done.  I just hope there is no little imbalance left between their respective strengths in Sazed, because either one winning could be catastrophic.
Nature hates being reified.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 06:02:44 PM »
Well, we're good then, cuz Sazed always was the most stable and balanced character.  And the fact that he's a Feruchemist doesn't hurt either.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?