Author Topic: New Fan  (Read 2256 times)

Haidendvim

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
New Fan
« on: June 10, 2010, 01:25:26 AM »
Heya guys, I just finished Warbreaker, my first Brandon Sanderson book. I know I am behind the 8-ball on this, but being late is better than never. I really enjoyed the book. Ok I loved the book. I am also living in Utah where Brandon is currently working on his books. Looking forward to meeting him. Thanks again for the great books !

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
Re: New Fan
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:07:45 AM »
I assume you're aware of his two new releases coming out this fall? Way of Kings comes out on August 31st, and Towers of Midnight (which is the next book in the Wheel of Time series) comes out on October 27th. For his last few releases, he's had a release party at the BYU Bookstore on release day. You said you were living in Utah, so if you're looking to meet him that's a good chance right there.

I know he does have other appearances, but those are the two I'm pumped for and counting down. Maybe I'll see you there  :).

whitetrash

• Level 2
  • Trailer Park Pimp
    • View Profile
    • Edon Thompson
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 04:30:56 AM »
Welcome and Warbreaker was also my first read of his also and I loved it also......

Haidendvim

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 05:18:49 AM »
Sweet I will have to make the drive down from Salt Lake and try and catch him at the book store. I read the first chapter of his new book and it has me pumped.  I am currently reading the Mistborn books, and just finished his first novel Elantris last night as a matter of fact. Keeping an eye out for yea Brandon, and love the work =)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:48:58 AM »

If you really want to run into him quickly Haiden your best bet would be to get his tweets.  He often will randomly tweet saying he's at a bookstore at such and such location.

Nice to meet you by the way.  I'm Miyabi.  I've been here a while. xD  If you have any questions or just wanna talk feel free to message me.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Haidendvim

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:34:46 AM »
Sweet thanks for the information =) Keep in touch with me.

Jexral

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Blog!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »
Welcome to the fan-club Haiden.  I don't really have anything substantial to add to my post, but it's nice to meet you, and nice to know that Mr. Sanderson has more fans.  : )
Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

MaeLavanya

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adonalsium.net
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »
Hey, welcome :D
You know you want to join us at Adonalsium.net!