Author Topic: Toy Story 3 *Spoilers*  (Read 4629 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Toy Story 3 *Spoilers*
« on: June 19, 2010, 11:10:41 PM »
So who's seen it? Did you like it? Because I loved it. I'm almost wanting to say it was better than the first two, and yet the first two were just so good that I'm not sure I want to say it beats them. Yet it definitely equaled their greatness.

I loved the references to the first two. Especially the beginning, because that referenced the first movie so freaking much. The whole banditry thing, and the force field dog and my dinosaur eats your force field dog stuff. It was funny.

I thought it had just the right combination of humor and emotion. I laughed, and I cried--mostly right at the end. Please note that this wasn't bawling. It was more tearing up than crying, and I tend to tear up a decent amount at movies, but whatever. Wasn't exactly expecting to do that in a Toy Story movie.

Also: spanish Buzz Lightyear. Hilarious. And I loved that they had 'You've Got a Friend In Me' as the song at the beginning of the end credits just like in 1. In spanish. I almost didn't recognize it at first and then I'm like "Wait! AH!" Awesome.

It was predictable, but then, this is Disney. Disney tends to be predictable, and it was predictable in a good, and more than relatively obvious, way. I mean, I totally called that phone traitor, the donation to Bonnie (loved her!), and the Andy playing with Bonnie scene at the end. As a little side-note, my friend leaned over at that point and said, "She's going to have the biggest crush on him for so long." And I agree. Poor little fictional girl.

All-in-all, I thought it was great. What say all of you?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:12:22 PM by little wilson »
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Story 3 *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:36:59 PM »
I loved it, and my husband thought it was best of the three. Also, my four-year-old and my six-year-old sat through the entire thing absolutely enraptured.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 12:42:20 AM »
Short version: I loved it. Flawless. I smiled, I cried, and I laughed.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 02:32:14 AM »
This is a bit off topic. However, CNBC did a very good documentary on Pixar last night.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 02:25:02 AM »
I cam here to this part of the forum to say that it was absolutely amazing.  I don't know how Pixar does it.  The entire trilogy hangs together amazingly well.  It should be watchedas such.  In my opinion, they've just been getting better.  When they hang together in the dumpster, I started bawling.  How do they do this?
Nature hates being reified.

Devon Smith

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »
Toy Story 3 is clever, inventive and deeply moving, a fabulous film which can be enjoyed by all ages -- and you can’t say that about many movies.

;D

White1018

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 02:37:44 PM »
i love the movie ...specially the cowboy tom hanks.......his voice is so sweet.....i love that....

buzz was also good

;D

sceneTK421

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:26:17 AM »
It should win Best Picture. Not Best Animated Feature, BEST PICTURE.

Well, I guess it would have to win Best Animated Feature too then, huh?

T-Square

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 03:58:54 PM »
I enjoyed toy story 3 too. I laughed a lot, but I cant say I cried. I never cry or anything when i watch a movie. Hated lotso. "where's yer kid now, sheriff?" Aack  :P

kelianjansen32

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 06:06:30 AM »
I love the movie..... :'(. It is just the same with my siblings (well technically Andy doesn't have a sibling). Me and my brother hand our old toys to our little brothers. They care less of it of course because they want the more modern ones.  ;D

I was 7 I guess when I saw the first movie. I was excited when I first heard that the third would be coming. And excited to to let my brothers now that the first movie was shown when I was little like them. Guess I grew up with Andy. BTW I have that telephone toy(and realized that it is the same as my toy when I saw the third movie  ;D).
“Pappa, hoe lang duurt het om Poker te leren?” “Je hele leven, zoon.” (David Spanier)