Author Topic: hi aprilynne :]  (Read 8425 times)

SamieVo

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
hi aprilynne :]
« on: June 14, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
I'm very in love with your series.
I'm wondering if you have any fans as old as me- I'm 18!
I am also an artist and have been dying to create some fan art of Laurel in bloom. I was wondering if you could help me with this! the description of her blossom is lovely, and I can imagine the coloring perfectly. I'm mostly concerned with how her petals look. did you have any particular flower in mind when you created laurel's blossom? I have been searching for references of pretty flowers that would work well aesthetically and I've become quite fond of the clemintine flower sometimes called "old man's beard." haha.
in my imagination her petals are like that particular flower(just with different coloration) and it has more layers of smaller petals that are closer together.

I've read some of your posts and I think you're so funny, you have a nice sense of humor. I can't wait until the next book comes out!

also, are you planning in stopping by south Florida anytime soon?!

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: hi aprilynne :]
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 04:55:14 PM »
Just an FYI, i dont think she actually checks these forums. Since she has been inducted to these forums last year with her own category because she got published, she has posted a total of 11 times, and her profile puts her last active date at July 17, 2009, 01:44:56 PM.

Though, that could likely be because there's little to no activity around here for her to check in regards to her stuff, or she could just be too busy.

Either way, just letting you know your message won't likely get through from here, at the moment. Doesn't mean you can't stick around and try to bring more activity to her section or something, though, or feel free to check out some of the other authors she's in league with (brandon sanderson is all the rage)
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

SamieVo

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 04:58:47 PM »
I'm not expecting imediate action. lmao. I'm sure she has a life off the Internet!
honestly, I only found this place because I'm very bored at work and thought "why not."
if she doesn't answer, she doesn't answer.

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:07:40 PM »
I'm not expecting imediate action. lmao. I'm sure she has a life off the Internet!
honestly, I only found this place because I'm very bored at work and thought "why not."
if she doesn't answer, she doesn't answer.

Not a problem, just thought i'd let you know that if you were expecting to jump on and get a direct pipeline to her, it likely wasn't gonna happen. :)

Edit: Oh, and welcome to TWG. I'm Eerongal. Enjoy your stay, etc. :P
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

SamieVo

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 05:15:57 PM »
hahaha. yeah thanks for the warning. I'm not new to the author-fan scene. the authors of warriors (Erin hunter) sometimes don't reply for months. I've learned paitence with  age XD