Author Topic: Mistborn Movie-Casting?  (Read 35460 times)

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Movie-Casting?
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2010, 06:31:04 AM »
Hayley Mcfarland, huh? I think you may have something there.

Yeah, she has those huge doe eyes that just make me want to swoop in on a rope to protect her.  (Where did the rope came from and why am I waiting to swoop?  I have no idea.)  She just has that vulnerability that may just be perfect for Vin.  She looks to have the acting chops too.  She is in Lie to Me on Fox and if you haven't seen it, do.  It is fantastic and she is great (she does have an admittedly minor role tho, so she isn't in every episode.)
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

AllWrong

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2010, 12:04:03 PM »
At the risk of sounding all fanboi...

Director - JOSS FREAKING WHEDON!!! (He'd be awesome with this sort of script.  Especially if he read the books.  He's the kind of guy that would really get into Mistborn).
Kelsier - Nathan Fillion
Vin - Summer Glau WOULD be awesome, but I always pictured Vin more like Ellen Page (sp?)
Elend or Zane - Christian Kane (His physique would be covered up in the rumpled clothing in the first movie if he played Elend)
Straff - Oddly enough, I always pictured David Boreanaz in 20 more years whenever I read about Straff

OK, I guess I didn't so much risk sound like a Whedon fanboi as outright showing my true colors, huh?

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2010, 10:15:33 PM »
McFarland could do well, and she is fantastic on Lie to Me.

However much I love Joss Whedon and his posse, I don't think they could do Mistborn justice. They could nail Warbreaker though (IYKWIM, AITYD).
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2010, 11:34:11 PM »
I watch Lie to Me all the time. She is totally not Vin. I could almost buy her as Shallan though.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2010, 12:30:42 AM »
I think that if she has any sort of acting chops, she would be able to pull off Vin. I haven't seen any of her work besides Lie to Me, she doesn't look like the Vin in my head, and her mannerisms don't seem like they would fit the part well, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that she could do a good Vin. Whether or not she would is another matter.
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2010, 02:04:21 AM »
Yeah, it's easy for me to assume when I've seen someone in one role that that's what they're always like. Especially when it's often true. I mean, Bruce Willis is always Bruce Willis.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

schneb

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2010, 07:57:02 AM »
Yeah, it's easy for me to assume when I've seen someone in one role that that's what they're always like. Especially when it's often true. I mean, Bruce Willis is always Bruce Willis.

Except in Unbreakable  I saw a somewhat different Bruce Willis in that one. 

For me its Samuel L Jackson is always Samuel L Jackson.  I'm glad I haven't seen anybody throw his name in here for any of the characters.