Author Topic: One divine thread?  (Read 9024 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: One divine thread?
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2010, 07:34:58 AM »
Google it? You do realize this forum is full of sf/fantasy geeks, don't you?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Hero of Ages

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2010, 08:08:15 AM »
I honestly doubt Brandon will ever come out and explain everything that is in the cosmere.

At a signing, I asked Brandon if there was going to be anything that would tie all of the books in the Cosmere together and he said that with as many books as he has planned (somewhere around 36 or so) a lot of information would be there, but that he did plan on something that would tie it all together.  He didn't say whether it would be a book or what, tho.
I must not fear;
Fear is the mind killer;
I will face my fear;
I will let it pass through me;
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing;
Only I will remain.
-Paul Muad'dib Atreides-

Anticipation of death is worse than death itself.
-Me-

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »
From Barnes and Noble Q&A:

Will I write his [Hoid's] scenes some day?  Maybe.  We’ll see.  There may be short stories posted on my website.

WrittenOnTheStars

• Level 2
  • Paradigms are for the weak-minded
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2010, 03:27:41 PM »

At a signing, I asked Brandon if there was going to be anything that would tie all of the books in the Cosmere together and he said that with as many books as he has planned (somewhere around 36 or so) a lot of information would be there, but that he did plan on something that would tie it all together.  He didn't say whether it would be a book or what, tho.

Oh, good, this pleases me greatly :) Very greatly :D
"So this is how liberty dies, by thunderous applause." – Padmé Amidala, Star Wars Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »
Google it? You do realize this forum is full of sf/fantasy geeks, don't you?
I'm always a tad paranoid that the references I make that about other fandoms will be lost on the members of the fandom I'm currently talking to.  So it's good to know that I have fellow DW fans on this board! :D
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2010, 06:20:13 PM »
I honestly doubt Brandon will ever come out and explain everything that is in the cosmere.

Well that slapped me in the face. Really tho? He would honestly write all this info that so many people have speculated about into a book or online cheat sheet or something? Seems kind of unfair to the people who have scraped through the pages and pieced it together. But in the end, it's not about the hardcore fans as much as it's about the mass of people who will read his books. ( that sounds like a insult in my head but I don't mean it to be )
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

WrittenOnTheStars

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2010, 10:02:45 PM »
I think a book/something that explains it all is good for both hardcore and non-hardcore, though, because, the hardcore go through every book, piecing it together, and then they can double check their findings against what the author says is true compared to what they think - so, it's not just speculation, you can say "Yes! I was right" or "Darn, but that's really cool!" And then for some who don't wish to go through every book, who just enjoy finding out, can learn more from something that explains it all. I don't think he'll do something like a cheat sheet, though. It'll probably be a book that goes through all the other books or something -- not just a simple "This is what is" because that's kinda lame.
"So this is how liberty dies, by thunderous applause." – Padmé Amidala, Star Wars Episode Three: Revenge of the Sith

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2010, 10:27:15 PM »
I don't think he'll do something like a cheat sheet, though. It'll probably be a book that goes through all the other books or something -- not just a simple "This is what is" because that's kinda lame.

I wasn't really implying it would be a cheat sheet, I was implying it could be any number of things that I can't predict.  :D

A cheat sheet would be pretty lame.

Recruit of the Omegas.

WrittenOnTheStars

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2010, 10:44:38 PM »
Ah. Yeah. I hope it's like a book with a main character that delves into how all the other books connect to one another or something or other - probably the mysterious Hoid character.

Is Hoid a character in Elantris, Warbreaker, and Mistborn? *goes to investigate other forums*

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2010, 11:01:10 PM »
Is Hoid a character in Elantris, Warbreaker, and Mistborn? *goes to investigate other forums*

Yup. Hoid is one of the things connecting all the books. When he is described it's always very similar and mysterious. He's always helped somebody in the books. That's usually the give away.

Edit: Removed idiocy.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 12:23:30 AM by Creative_Vortx »

Recruit of the Omegas.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2010, 11:38:54 PM »
He is mentioned by name in all the books except for Well of Ascension.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 12:21:13 AM »

I've been mind farting lately too much. I'ma go back to lurking now. T__T

Recruit of the Omegas.

WrittenOnTheStars

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 12:40:57 AM »

Is there reason he's not mentioned by name? Or was Brandon just not able to fit it in?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:57:30 PM by WrittenOnTheStars »

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 12:50:51 AM »

Is there reason he's not mentioned by name? Or was Brandon just not able to put fit it in?

Because Elend never bothers to ask his name. ;)
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
Mighty inconsiderate of Elend.
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]