Author Topic: Mistborn Forum RPG  (Read 8269 times)

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Mistborn Forum RPG
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:50 PM »
Similarly game.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 10:17:25 PM »
What's this about procuring a server?  Doesn't a Mistborn Forum RPG imply, well, an RPG in text posts here in the forum?
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »
75% game
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
I've done this sort of thing elsewhere and have enjoyed it a lot.  I'd be willing to contribute as well.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

MaeLavanya

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adonalsium.net
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 10:29:29 AM »
I'm curious to what this evolve into - I might participate!
You know you want to join us at Adonalsium.net!

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 09:08:37 PM »
Hey everyone!

Remember that Mistborn RPG site wolfeater was talking about?

Well, one of the principal staff members came back and sent an email to all the members. She wants to get it back up and running. And really, I like my characters so much that she might persuade me to act again, too.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?act=idx

Are you excited? I sure am :D
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

KChan

• Level 2
  • Eep.
    • View Profile
    • K-chan's DA
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »
Principal staff member, huh? Aw, I feel special.  ;D

Anyways, yes, I've just sent out a mass email to the current (and former?) members of Mistborn: the Inquisition. I should be working on a board synopsis for new and returning members... probably sometime this evening, but in the meantime, feel free to stop on by, take a look around, and introduce yourselves! I'll be around to answer any questions you may have.

Mistborn: The Inquisition RPG

Graphic used with permission.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »
Will new members be expected to read through old material before creating a character?  Or will the story be starting anew?
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

KChan

• Level 2
  • Eep.
    • View Profile
    • K-chan's DA
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2010, 12:52:37 AM »
We'll be starting where we left off, but it won't be hard. There's a thread in the General section of the Out-of-Character boards that deals with starting back up, and I've linked a couple of useful resources there. There will be a story synopsis going up at some point, but I haven't been able to work on it yet.

Don't worry, though, it won't be hard to get caught up, particularly if you're interested in joining the Rebellion. The Nobility are the ones with all the plotting and scheming going on.

Mistborn: The Inquisition RPG

Graphic used with permission.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2010, 01:05:34 AM »
Heck, I barely remember half of the scheming, so I'm going to work on getting a quick summary up.

Quick version: House Casuana is next in the rotation for a Ball, and Casuana needs to make a big bang to keep the House relevant. Meanwhile, the rebellion has some choice plans involving fire and Keep Casuana on Ball night.

Fun should ensue.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2010, 07:09:06 AM »
I was kind of planning on being with the nobility.  Do I just need to pick a house, or are the only certain one's I can pick from (I'd like to be part of House Elariel).  Basically i'm asking where can I find the rule book on the site.
Also, would I be able to play with two characters?  Because I have two in mind.  Twins in fact.
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2010, 07:35:58 AM »
now, is this happening on this forum? or at that link up there? If this is happening I am so game it ain't even funny.

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2010, 07:44:56 AM »
You can have as many characters as you want, actually. KChan here has like... five. This of course was because we were active, and we wanted to progress the plot.

For each character, just register a separate account with the username being the character's name.

You can absolutely be an Elariel. We currently have one Elariel, but I haven't spoken to her if she wants to come back. Either way, just because there's someone in a Great House doesn't mean you can't make characters there. You'll just get more people to interact with that way, which should make things more fun :D

Also, note to everyone else, you can also create your own noble house, including Great Houses. We aren't copying Mistborn 1, you know, so if you wanted to lead a Great House, you're golden. Naturally, you'd have to be more active to be a Great House, because they are scheming all the time. Here are the current House standings. There's Venture and Elariel in their familiar spots, but there are some new ones, too. There are also plenty of empty slots for Great Houses. In fact, since the person controlling Ewing isn't coming back, that one won't be on the list (or we can rename it, giving it to another character/player, and be essentially unrecognizable as "House Ewing"). If the character Azoth Urbain doesn't come back, then that House doesn't necessarily need to be there, either.

Here's a cheat sheet of information on Houses. Also, in the forum "The Back Parlor" there's info on all the houses, Great or minor.

Don't be intimidated by the stuff that is already there. Anything you want to do, you can do it.

now, is this happening on this forum? or at that link up there? If this is happening I am so game it ain't even funny.

Well, since the Mistborn Forum RPG never truly progressed very far, I humbly suggested to use that site. Mostly because it has all the framework you'd need, plus it's a really pretty site. So unless people have a major objection, it's going down here at http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?act=idx

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 08:07:30 AM »
Awesome.  Also I forgot to ask about the timeline.  How many years is this before the events of final empire?  We're not having little Elends, Shans, or Kelsier's running around are we?
- Dr. Horrible

- Kelsier

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »
You know, I'm not 100% sure about the timeline of events. It's an alternate reality sort of thing. Or, more likely, it's about a century-ish before the events of Final Empire. Enough for some things to be the same, but enough for things to be different, too.

Either way, no Elend, Shan, Kelsier, or Vin rolling around.