Author Topic: Just finished Mistborn trilogy; waiting for TowersofMidnight*possiblespoilers*  (Read 2450 times)

PewterArm

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
WOW.. sanderson is a GREAT author... after The Gathering Storm, I decided to check out mistborn while I waited for the next book.. I started the series in april; I read the whole series in 3 months!! I barely got HoA 5 days ago.. I'm done... he's a very intense writer.. nonstop action... the ending was classic... I always wanted to see the good guys go down... they won, but they still died.. heroic... I started this fantasy fetish with terry goodkind and the Sword of Truth novels and if it means anything, sanderson is gradually taking his place as my favorite author.. to everyone here, your my fantasy family..lol..
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:51:07 AM by Brenna »

PewterArm

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Just finished Mistborn trilogy; waiting for TowersofMidnight
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 03:31:30 AM »
Can someone xplain to me why the 'last two metals' are not expllained in the last book? Sazed mentions them in the last letter, but????

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 04:10:43 AM »
Simply put, he plans to write more in the Mistborn world.  The other two metals (and their alloys) are already common knowledge among his fanbase.  Heck, even Wikpedia has an article on Allomancy, including these mystery metals.  Many years from now ( he's got a lot of other things to write first) he's planning on writing a second trilogy.  In fact there may be a thread about that somewhere... *coughonthefrontpageoftheforumslikeseriouslyrighttherecough*
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 05:39:13 AM »
Terry Goodkind? Well, I'm glad you've now found a fantasy author who will actually admit they write fantasy :P

You should also pick up Elantris while you wait for Towers of Midnight. :) Or Warbreaker. You could also hunt around for the Alcatraz books, too. :)

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
'Waiting' for Towers of Midnight to read again?  Come now, you have a lot of time to get some more books in!

I wish I had your time to start reading some of Brandon's books. But I want to finish the series of books I am reading now before GenCon (9 more to go).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:57:18 PM by Hobbun »

Bejay

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
Terrybad?? Good grief, nice to see you have found your way to some decent author. The Sword of Truth series went downhill after 5 books it took my breath away. Read Elantris, read Warbreaker.

Obsessiforge

• Level 5
    • View Profile
I'm halfway through Warbreaker now, its a much lighter read than the Mistborn books but looses none of the wit and fervor I've come to associate with Sanderson's writing. You could probably blaze through it in a dedicated day or two, I know I'm having trouble putting it down and I've been out camping and whatnot.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
I read Wizard's First Rule.  I got it for christmas from a friend.  You know the page where other books by the author are listed?  He crossed them all out.  Personally, the defacing of books, whatever the reason, especially my own, bothers me, but I took the hint, and did not continue reading.  Frankly, while I enjoyed parts of Wizard's First Rule, on the whole, it did not constitue me going on in the series.  Unlike Wheel of Time.  I'm really getting into the Great Hunt!
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Hobbun

• Level 5
    • View Profile
I don’t know, I kind of like the Sword of Truth series, although I have only read up to Fallen Empire.

But what I have read about Terry Goodkind and what I have seen in his interviews, well, not trying to knock on him, but he seems a bit…out there. Very preachy and insists what he writes is some great teachings or revelations. *shrugs* They just seem like decent fantasy novels, to me.

I probably will get back to the Sword of Truth series eventually, but with my large backlog of books already, it is definitely going to be on the backburner for quite some time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:29:26 PM by Hobbun »

PewterArm

• Level 1
    • View Profile
I would agree with some critics on Swod of Truth, but truth be told I loved it.. I wouldn't touch it at first, then a friend bought it for me and I just took off.. passed him up on the reading (he was six books ahead of me).. and then I read the series again.. I know, I know, seems crazy but I really loved the book.. now on the other hand, robert jordan's series is awesome too... the differences are: goodkind goes off on random tangents, but sticks to the plotline... RJ is just overly descriptive.. I kno there are ppl out there that feel my pain... after a while my anxiousness overcame the drawn out plots... but i think Sanderson combines the best from both authors.. Mistborn was amazing, and warbreaker seems good too..