Author Topic: Did I miss something?  (Read 2814 times)

mbarker

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Did I miss something?
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:53:07 AM »
Do we have even a clue as to what the ninja are after? I mean, at this point, I'm enjoying the antics, but I have no idea why they are doing it.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: Did I miss something?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:26 PM »
They could be out to steal something, but if so, their methodology doesn't make much sense. My money's on selling the videos. Shodan's desire to sell training videos when he told Legs to place the spy cameras foreshadows this, and the placement of the enemy's spy cameras supports it.

Howard has used Shodan for foreshadowing a lot in this arc...but what about Tagon? I'm still trying to figure out what his Ceneschul diplomat dreams are foreshadowing.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 03:31:31 AM »
"Not making sense halfway through" and "Having a satisfying resolution" seem to be some of the main themes of these arcs.

As for what they're after?  Anybody's guess.
Nature hates being reified.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 03:56:31 AM »
Another theme of these stories has been "developing minor characters", though admittedly this may just be necessitated by the split company.

I predict Legs will get a promotion out of this (and overdue at that). Nick might as well. His would be just barely due. I seem to recall a spot opening up in the command chain fairly recently...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 04:08:14 AM by ryos »
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 06:45:50 PM »
Another theme of these stories has been "developing minor characters", though admittedly this may just be necessitated by the split company.

I predict Legs will get a promotion out of this (and overdue at that). Nick might as well. His would be just barely due. I seem to recall a spot opening up in the command chain fairly recently...

I'm guessing it works the other way around.

They split the company so that all the minor characters who will be needed could get some much-needed development.

As for promotions---let's see how things really go down first.  I'm still not betting on any particular outcome.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 11:19:33 AM »
My money's on selling the videos. Shodan's desire to sell training videos when he told Legs to place the spy cameras foreshadows this, and the placement of the enemy's spy cameras supports it.

I think you nailed it. Movies, at least...

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 02:33:45 PM »
I guess they really are Youtubing.  Who'd have thunk?

And can I add that Tagon in civvies is still just plain awesome?