General > Rants and Stuff

New Official Unofficial TWG holiday! (details inside)

(1/3) > >>

Eerongal:
Off shoot from here

So yeah, we need a new holiday, namely the "Everyone renames themselves Ookla The Mok (time period)". What's everyone else think? :P

How long should we do it? A day is likely not too much, and thusly many forum posters might not even see it. A month is probably too long and going to get confusing too fast. I think we should go with a week or so. Yay or nay?

Also, when do we want to hold this momentous occasion? Actually, does anyone know peter's birthday? that seems like it would be a pretty awesome time to hold it, to tie it in with the original Ook. :P

Also: Yearly, once, when we feel like it?

Unofficial TWG council (that is, essentially anyone who wants to weigh in) throw in your votes!

Comatose:
To differentiate between ourselves we could all chose different 'in' adjectives, like Brandon gives him in his books.  We could have Indecisive Ookla the Mok, Interloping Ookla the Mok (;)), Indivisible Ookla the Mok, Impossible Ookla the Mok, etc.   We could post here to make sure there are no double ups... Great Idea.

Eerongal:

--- Quote from: Comatose on April 30, 2010, 07:45:18 PM ---To differentiate between ourselves we could all chose different 'in' adjectives, like Brandon gives him in his books.  We could have Indecisive Ookla the Mok, Interloping Ookla the Mok (;)), Indivisible Ookla the Mok, Impossible Ookla the Mok, etc.   We could post here to make sure there are no double ups... Great Idea.

--- End quote ---

Not a bad idea. At least that way we can tell each other apart.

Miyabi:

Per Facebook Peter's birthday is November the 26th.  

Therefore I propose we do it every year from the 26th day of November until the 30th day of the same month.  This is more than a day, yet less than a week.  Enough for fun, but not too much to become annoying.

ALSO:  I like Coma's idea about adding adjective for some semblance of separations.

Eerongal:

--- Quote from: Miyabi on April 30, 2010, 08:25:25 PM ---
Per Facebook Peter's birthday is November the 26th.  

Therefore I propose we do it every year from the 26th day of November until the 30th day of the same month.  This is more than a day, yet less than a week.  Enough for fun, but not too much to become annoying.

ALSO:  I like Coma's idea about adding adjective for some semblance of separations.

--- End quote ---

Sounds pretty good to me. Anyone have any changes, other ideas, or what have you?

Edit: for the variable tags on each person, what if we have it like "Ookla the ________"?

or do we wanna keep "the mok" on for everyone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version