Author Topic: Vader vs Batman  (Read 18589 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Vader vs Batman
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
I've been giving the fight some serious thought, and it occurred to me that after Vader and Batman duked it out, the Predator would show up minutes later and finish off the winner...

Oh snap, this duel just became a three-way brawl!
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 08:18:37 PM »
There is something I think you are all forgetting, and it's a key factor in any fight involving Batman.

Batman prepares for everything. He has kryptonite in case he ever has to kill a rampaging Superman. He has plans and contingency plans and back-up plans and back-up back-up plans for for every known superhuman on his own side on the CHANCE that they might go rogue. It's this attitude that's gotten him into trouble before, and it's that attitude that will defeat Vader.

Batman could sneak up on Vader even if he wasn't distracted, and this would be after long periods of observation and detective work to find out everything he can about the Sith Lord. Deducing weaknesses, observing how he trains and, if possible, how The Force works and can be countered. Everything would be prepared for, even if Vader knows he's there and has Stormtroopers scouring the Death Star to find him.

Batman will win. Why? Because he's Batman.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 08:23:29 PM »
I've been giving the fight some serious thought, and it occurred to me that after Vader and Batman duked it out, the Predator would show up minutes later and finish off the winner...

Batman's already beaten the Predator, there's at least 2 Batman vs. Predator comics out there. . .
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 08:29:34 PM »

Batman's already beaten the Predator, there's at least 2 Batman vs. Predator comics out there. . .

Holy cow, he's right. I was completely unaware of this specific cross over.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »
Oh, I knew about the crossover, and then again, so do the predators.  That's why I think they'll vulture the winner :)
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »
There is something I think you are all forgetting, and it's a key factor in any fight involving Batman.

Batman prepares for everything. He has kryptonite in case he ever has to kill a rampaging Superman. He has plans and contingency plans and back-up plans and back-up back-up plans for for every known superhuman on his own side on the CHANCE that they might go rogue. It's this attitude that's gotten him into trouble before, and it's that attitude that will defeat Vader.

Batman could sneak up on Vader even if he wasn't distracted, and this would be after long periods of observation and detective work to find out everything he can about the Sith Lord.

I posit in this universe where Batman and Vader could fight, if Batman was in fact Force-sensitive, he would be trained as a Jedi. Batman is not a Jedi, and in Star Wars lore, while having a high Force aptitude would certainly be advantageous, Batman (if Force sensitive) does not have Jedi training. Vader does, from both the Light and Dark side.

I don't bring this up because I think Vader would win. Well, actually I do, but that's besides the point (we're really going with Batarangs for how Batman can beat Vader? Honestly? Vader's armor wouldn't even be dented by the things, people). I simply would say that there is no way that Batman could sneak up on Vader, because Vader has the Force.

If the Force gives Jedi the ability to deflect hundreds of blaster bolts using a blade centimeters thick, Jedi will obviously feel a significant opponent coming his way. Batman would have no ability to make the sneak attack, or be able to observe Vader in any quality.

Same argument applies to the Predator. Vader will always defeat non-Force trained opponents.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:17:51 AM by Chaos2651 »
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 04:03:22 AM »
Yeah, well I give Batman enough credit to say he will distract Vader enough for a predator to do what they do.  Besides, Vader is asking for it :)
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »
Every DC comic reader knows that Batman plus any sort of time to prepare = victory. Always.
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 08:49:35 PM »
Every DC comic reader knows that Batman plus any sort of time to prepare = victory. Always.

Exactly what I was trying to say.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »
But has Batman fought an enemy with such heightened precognitive power as Vader (or any Jedi, really)?

Inquisitor

• Level 8
  • Lord of Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 06:01:47 PM »
Batman has fought and killed the DC god of darkness. Does that count?
Captain Commander of the Holy Vanguard of Kaz

I have recently discovered that pie cannot be trusted. I am switching full time to cake.

Cake shall prevail!

Come join us over at the Mistborn Forum RPG!
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mistborn/index.php?

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »
Not unless such a god of darkness has very defined precognitive abilities.

ErikHolmes

• Level 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 08:08:01 PM »
-Batman throws a batarang at Vader

-Vader laughs at the feeble attack and chops the batarang in half

-This in turn releases a freezing gas from inside the batarang which freezes Vader solid

-Batman goes home to fight a real villain, like the Joker
Who the hell is interrupting my Kung Fu!

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:26 AM »

if we're talking about darkseid (which i assume we are) he has telepathy, telekineses, can create psionic avatars, essentially all of superman's powers, the ability to travel through time, space, and dimensions, and the ability to erase  beings from existence (has to hit them with a beam attack for that)
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 01:11:36 AM »

if we're talking about darkseid (which i assume we are) he has telepathy, telekineses, can create psionic avatars, essentially all of superman's powers, the ability to travel through time, space, and dimensions, and the ability to erase  beings from existence (has to hit them with a beam attack for that)

Telepathy and telekinesis is not the same as clairvoyance :)

Though, I actually don't know who we are talking about. I still purport that Vader will win.