Author Topic: Vader vs Batman  (Read 18581 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Vader vs Batman
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
Batman vs. Darth Vader.  Who would win?

http://www.collegehumor.com/picture:1935595

Batman. Darth vader may have skill and the force, but batman has more wits, bravery, and tricks up his sleeve than vader can even begin to comprehend. Plus, he's batman.
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: Cool Stuff Found on the Internet, again
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:38:26 PM »
Two words: force choke.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »
One word: Batman.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 08:11:22 PM »
Two words: force choke.

Using the force requires concentration, and from what we've seen of force choking, it seems to take quite a bit of concentration (from watching vader use it).

I'm pretty sure batman would retain enough prescense of mind to break said concentration (batarangs or something while being choked).

This is assuming that you can't outright resist it with willpower, as I'm not sure if you can or not with *FORCE CHOKE* specifically. i know like the mind trick and stuff can, but i suppose it depends on how the specifics of choke work, i.e. is there a tiny telekenetic barrier closing in on your throat, or is it making your mind close your airway?

My 2 cents, anyways. I can only formulate plans/ideas within *MY* abilities, not batman's :P
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 08:24:11 PM »

That would be a really close fight.  As Eerongal said a good portion of being affected by force abilities is the loss of mental concentration.  I think Batman would do well at keeping up and he would put up an astounding fight.

However, if it was Bane V. Batman. . . . well, let's just say they'd change is name to Bruce Payne.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »

That would be a really close fight.  As Eerongal said a good portion of being affected by force abilities is the loss of mental concentration.  I think Batman would do well at keeping up and he would put up an astounding fight.

However, if it was Bane V. Batman. . . . well, let's just say they'd change is name to Bruce Payne.

?

Bane as in the batman villain or bane as in the dude from clone wars or whatever, who i only recognize in name and have no real clue *WHO* he is?
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 08:50:57 PM »

Bane was the Dark Lord of the Sith who destroyed the Brotherhood of the Sith in attempt to bring back the true power and purpose of the Sith.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
  • Except vampires. Vampires suck.
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 09:04:07 PM »
I don't know . . . Darth Vader stopped a whole barrage of blaster bolts.  With his hand.  I'm thinking a batarang isn't going to do much.
this is the way the world ends,
not with a bang, but a whimper
~T.S. Eliot

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 09:11:06 PM »
I don't know . . . Darth Vader stopped a whole barrage of blaster bolts.  With his hand.  I'm thinking a batarang isn't going to do much.

Except he's all ready concentrating for the force choke. From the movies, it looks like it requires some relatively intense concentration for the force choke, all i'm looking for with the batarang is to disrupt that. If he has to stop concentrating on that to stop it, so be it, or if it hits him, thats fine too.

Either way, my point is that batman would interrupt him somehow to break it off. How, i'm not sure, I'm not batman. :P

Edit: also, if we're going adam west style batman, no contest. Bat-force repellent, anyone? :P

(man, i love the goofy old 70's batman)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:13:54 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 10:24:35 PM »
er... I said nothing about force choke.  That was Ryos.  About the only way I can see Batman winning is if he knocks out Vader's electrical systems, but in doing that, he'd kill Vader (and Batman doesn't do that). 

So lets look at this.  Batman can't (1) hit him with anything (e.g. blaster bolt blocking) or (2) sneak up on him in a fair fight (so he didn't sense Han coming at the first Death Star; Vader was concentrating on killing Luke, which, like you said, takes a 'lot of concentration'.  Unless Batman is saving Luke?).  That pretty much screws Batman if it's a mano a mano duel.

In sum, the only way Batman could win is if Vader was so distracted by something else that a two year old could sneak up on him and say 'boo'.  Granted, not impossible, but lets say that of the infinite scenarios where the two could be pitted against each other, Vader wins 99.9% of them.
~T.S. Eliot

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 10:24:57 PM »
I could buy that. Ok, two more words: light saber. If you presume Batman's ninja training is equal to Jedi training (something that's impossible to guage), an unblockable sword is a pretty awesome upper hand.

It's possible Vader's extensive prosthetics have slowed him down. That's hard to gauge, since the choreography in the old movies was quite slow. Vader only really fought the aged Ben Kenobi and the amateur Luke Skywalker, so it's hard to say how much he may have slowed down based on his opponents.

Edit: also, if we're going adam west style batman, no contest. Bat-force repellent, anyone?

YES. With a label on the can, of course. :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:30:16 PM by ryos »
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 10:49:40 PM »
er... I said nothing about force choke.  That was Ryos.  About the only way I can see Batman winning is if he knocks out Vader's electrical systems, but in doing that, he'd kill Vader (and Batman doesn't do that). 

That depends. Pre-infinite crisis batman had no qualms against killing. Modern day batman has a "thou-shalt not kill" rule, however, i believe he breaks that vow if absolutely (i'm pretty sure superman's the one who actively and painfully goes out of his way to avoid killing)

So lets look at this.  Batman can't (1) hit him with anything (e.g. blaster bolt blocking) or (2) sneak up on him in a fair fight (so he didn't sense Han coming at the first Death Star; Vader was concentrating on killing Luke, which, like you said, takes a 'lot of concentration'.  Unless Batman is saving Luke?).  That pretty much screws Batman if it's a mano a mano duel.

In sum, the only way Batman could win is if Vader was so distracted by something else that a two year old could sneak up on him and say 'boo'.  Granted, not impossible, but lets say that of the infinite scenarios where the two could be pitted against each other, Vader wins 99.9% of them.

but see, that's my point. Batman is tricky, vader is cocky. Batman just needs to lure vader into a situation where he can both distract and take down vader.

The batarang thing is talking about disrupting his concentration. There's no doubt in my mind if he just threw one (or one hundred) at vader, it wouldn't work. :P

I could buy that. Ok, two more words: light saber. If you presume Batman's ninja training is equal to Jedi training (something that's impossible to guage), an unblockable sword is a pretty awesome upper hand.

It's possible Vader's extensive prosthetics have slowed him down. That's hard to gauge, since the choreography in the old movies was quite slow. Vader only really fought the aged Ben Kenobi and the amateur Luke Skywalker, so it's hard to say how much he may have slowed down based on his opponents.

That's actually a good point. How slow is vader these days? We don't see him get down to fighting too much, but I assume he's still at *LEAST* half-way decent (read: better than any of us)

Edit: also, if we're going adam west style batman, no contest. Bat-force repellent, anyone?

YES. With a label on the can, of course. :P

Obviously.

Edit: Also - We aren't nerds! Shut up! We're just arguing about batman vs. vader in an online medium! :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 10:52:56 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
Re: Vader vs Batman
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 11:03:36 PM »
Yeah.  What's nerdy about that?  It's not like we're doing math or anything.

Oh, any of you guys know an algorithm that would take into account the appropriate factors which might lead to a situation where Batman wins?
~T.S. Eliot

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
Yeah.  What's nerdy about that?  It's not like we're doing math or anything.

Oh, any of you guys know an algorithm that would take into account the appropriate factors which might lead to a situation where Batman wins?

unless i miss my guess, it's something like:

(((prepTime) + (batarangCount)) - (√(ForceStrength^3) + (lightSaberSkill))) * specializedGadgetCount

Edit: also this amuses me, and is only slightly off topic.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:45:47 PM by Eerongal »
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Recovering_Cynic

• Level 13
    • View Profile
    • my livejournal
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 03:00:34 PM »
I've been giving the fight some serious thought, and it occurred to me that after Vader and Batman duked it out, the Predator would show up minutes later and finish off the winner...
~T.S. Eliot