Author Topic: How has your views on WoT characters changed over the years?  (Read 13110 times)

Renoard

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
Re: How has your views on WoT characters changed over the years?
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 01:51:46 PM »
After Reading Brandon's TGS, I think his take on WoT will change all the characters for better or worse.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Aginor221

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How has your views on WoT characters changed over the years?
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2010, 05:16:08 AM »
I started the series when I was 12, and I've reread it a good ten times since then (I'm 18.) Mat is by far my favorite character. Ever. I wasn't too sure of him in TGS, because I wasn't used to the playful banter - it just seemed mat was done with that. I digress - I love Egwene way more than I ever did growing up. She really grew on me the past three books, especially her tower chapters. Nyneave is a hate/love. Depends on the book. TGS Nyneave is epic win for me. She's finally standing up for herself. I've always loved Lan. Hate Elayne. Hate Faile. I detest Perrin during the whole fail/captured bs. Moody Perrin doesn't work for me. He's grown very randlike the last couple of books and It's a real shame considering he used to be my favorite character. Now, Rand. Rand is a definite fav. You gotta love the main character - even though he isnt always the headline. He's troubled, and quite insane by TGS. His story arc is supposed to be tragic. So I just don't have it in me to hate that pure powerfully amazing Rand. He's the dragon reborn I mean really. Back to Mat. While growing up, Mat was always the most realistic, which a lot of people can attest to on this forum. He grew, was put through some crazy difficult stuff, and came out way better at the end of them.