Author Topic: Are any of Brandon's fans also Redditors?  (Read 1889 times)

Phaz

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Are any of Brandon's fans also Redditors?
« on: April 13, 2010, 04:40:58 AM »
I've shared Brandon's stories with so many people I knew that I decided to try doing so with people I don't know.  Thus, I started this post on Reddit

If anyone here is on Reddit would you mind upvoting that so it gets seen and possibly writing a comment about how much you enjoy the books or which you would choose/recommend?

JCHancey

• Level 8
  • Formerly known as Jakobus
    • View Profile
Re: Are any of Brandon's fans also Redditors?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
Done!
RJF: "I spit upon the ground where you no longer ever existed."

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »
If anyone is curious I've gotten quite a nice reply so far.  Lots of deserving people have replied.  Here is a sample:

"First off, I think it's really wonderful of you to do this. I'm sure I'm kind of late to the party, but if you're still offering, I would love to have a copy of Elantris (or, really, any of them).

As for why, it's fairly simple. Stories keep me sane. No matter what's going on in the real world, a good read can keep everything together and can give just that little bit of necessary escape. On top of that, I've hit a sort of off period with my reading lately; I've started plenty of books, but they keep being more about the words than the story, and I'd like a break from that. I read the Elantris prologue that you posted, and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Even if the books go to other people, thank you for spreading the book-love. It's incredibly kind of you <3"

I also found out that http://www.bookdepository.com/ will do free shipping anywhere so I can do some for the many international people that have asked.

It also seems that several people have gone out and bought copies on their own after seeing this.  

It feels good to share :)

Peter, would it be possible maybe if I pick someone at Random for you to get Brandon to sign/personalize a set of Mistborn/Warbreaker/Elantris (Probably paperbacks since that way I can send books to more people) and send them to someone?  I'll of course cover cost of shipping and the books.

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
Not even 24 hours and if you count the people I'm sending books out too plus the ones who've said they already or will buy/check out one of the books it looks like Brandon already has over 60 new readers :)

Not bad IMO.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 06:44:38 PM »
Phaz, send an email [email protected]. She handles all the signing stuff.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Phaz

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »
If anyone is curious I tallied it up and it looks like I'll be doing 23 copies of Mistborn (about 1/2 those I'm going to do the full trilogy I think), 6 copies of Elantris, 19 copies of Warbreaker and a handful of Alcatraz. Those are being sent to 48 different addresses.  I'm pretty excited.  I can't wait till people read their books and let me know how much they enjoyed them.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:44:03 PM by Phaz »