Author Topic: looking for a couple of alpha readers  (Read 2421 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
looking for a couple of alpha readers
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:44:36 AM »
I need a couple of alpha readers interested in reading a novel I just finished writing (about 70K words currently). It's been through my writing group, so the second draft is finished. I need comments, mostly, to make sure it doesn't suck, and to help me further refine the story. It's (light) sci fi/romance so my audience is primarily female. But I would really super appreciate a guy's perspective on the male lead character if any of y'all are interested.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
Re: looking for a couple of alpha readers
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 03:48:11 AM »
I'll help out Nessa.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 03:56:59 AM »
I'd be willing to as well, although I have to admit I don't read much sci-fi. On the other hand, that might be a good perspective to have.
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Red, White, and Joker

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Jingle bells, Batman Smells...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 04:06:12 AM »
I'd love to give you my input, Nessa. Male sci/fi fan sound like a good demographic?
¿snoıɹǝs os ʎɥʍ 'ʎllɐǝɹ 'ou no, really, why so serious?

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 04:40:33 AM »
Okie dokie, I sent my baby to the email addresses you have posted on your accounts. Thanks, y'all!
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 04:47:25 AM »
No problem, Nessa!  I'm excited to see it.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »
You guys are awesome.

That is all.