Author Topic: The "Surprise Inside"  (Read 6990 times)

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The "Surprise Inside"
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2010, 10:44:05 PM »
Whaoh, how does one bocome a worldbringer? Don't you have to be an ancient Terris Holy Man? Oh, wait, I am one of those. With an army of Evil Squirrels.

BOW BEFORE THE WORLDBRINGER, SQUIRREL KING!
Bow before The Worldbringer, Squirrel King![/color]

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2010, 11:09:45 PM »
I would, but I'm not sure if I should destroy his surprise.  After all, it's more fun if you really are surprised.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »

Wait, wouldn't being the squirrel king make you an Awakener.  QUIT JUMPING WORLDS you world jumping looney.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 04:27:04 PM »
No, I've been the Squirrel King for Years. Haven't figured out how to utilize awakened squirrels, though.

I recently acquired the use of a shard (RAFO -- that's the shard's name, btw) and have jumped to Warbreaker's world. I'm in the process of driving an Awakener insane (I have a crack team of covert squirrel operatives moving his furniture around in the middle of the night, following him everywhere he goes, clogging his sinks, chewing holes in his clothes, performing ballet, and screeching for no apparent reason). He shouldn't hold out long.

Once he thinks he's a squirrel, he's mine to control. Then he can make me an army of undead squirrels.

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
So, the question becomes this: Who wants to survive the squirrel-zombie apocalypse?

libraloco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2010, 11:34:51 PM »
But what happens if we can't get our hands on the surprise? For instance, I live in Alabama. I don't think he'll EVER come here. No author does, really.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 02:46:39 AM »
It's something that you can buy, so it's not something that only those lucky few who can get the book.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 03:42:58 PM »
Still, it would really help if we just knew what to look for.

Wolfstar

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 04:27:56 PM »
Still, it would really help if we just knew what to look for.

I'm sure if you sent a friendly PM to someone that did know explaining just that, they would be very likely to consider it safe and let you know.

But I'm not one of them, and I don't want to speak for them.  Just a thought.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 05:02:26 PM »
Wait wait Wait Wait Wait Wait.... wait... Is this surprise only in the books at that airport?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 05:26:36 PM »
Wait wait Wait Wait Wait Wait.... wait... Is this surprise only in the books at that airport?

I would say yes purely on the evidence of his Twitter account. The only time we hear of surprises is when he tosses a tweet to the void saying he left something in a book store somewhere in a an airport in some city in the world.  ;D

Yup.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Renoard

• Level 20
  • spurius non lucrorum
    • View Profile
    • Albion
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 07:40:08 PM »
Ah yes the joys of shameless merchandising ploys.  Remember the book that was all about a treasure hunt only they buried gold bullion or a volkswagon or something at the place where the book clues pointed to?  Perhaps some enterprising soul should plant a golden acorn with AWAKE engraved on it, and a duralumin chain.
You can always get what you want if you never count the cost.

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 03:16:32 AM »
I thought they were the WoT bumper stickers. Has he started giving away other stuff?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 07:16:12 AM »
I used to think the same thing, but now I'm thinking it never was the WoT stickers.

*edit*

Well, actually, I'm betting those go in TGS he ninja signs, and his books get the other one.

Valkynphyre

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 01:32:32 PM »

I would say yes purely on the evidence of his Twitter account. The only time we hear of surprises is when he tosses a tweet to the void saying he left something in a book store somewhere in a an airport in some city in the world.  ;D

Yup.

Aww, nuts.