Author Topic: IANASK Typos  (Read 3897 times)

ryos

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
IANASK Typos
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:50:23 AM »
Brandon's forum has a typo-reporting thread. I think it's a great idea—thousands of eyes are much better at catching mistakes than one (err, two). And, being possessed of a helpful mood, and having just caught a typo in IANASK, I came here to report it. Let me know if this falls under the "not cool" column and I'll happily quit and ignore all typos from here on out.

U.S. Hardcover, p. 27, halfway down the page: "I'm, like you're only friend in the world—you wouldn't kill me."
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

DiesIrae

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: IANASK Typos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 03:06:47 AM »
Ooh, I hate when people get your/you're confused.  I nearly put the book down whenn I saw that typo.  But I didn't, obviously, and I'm glad.
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
-Sarah Williams

toast

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 04:42:36 AM »
I almost always see typos, and it drives me nuts in a book that is great otherwise. This book had me so absorbed, I admit I missed that one!

libraloco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 04:28:26 AM »
U. S. trade paperback, p. 35, last sentence of the second complete paragraph - "The first one was; Don't mess with animals."

I'm pretty sure the semicolon should've been a colon. If not, I don't think the "Don't" should've been capitalized.

Also, U. S. trade paperback, p. 201, second line of the page - "Its dark eyelids slid grotesquely over its wide, crystalline eyes, as it if couldn't see me clearly."

Should be "if it" instead of "it if."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 12:24:47 AM by libraloco »

sortitus

• Level 15
  • MVP of the WORLD
    • View Profile
    • I'll kick you in the face!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 07:03:40 AM »
Re-read the book on my flight out east, and ran across a possible goof. US trade paperback, pages 80 and 230 don't agree. 80 says that there are streetlights (John says that they're safe because the house and street lights are on) while 230 says that there aren't (John is glad that they don't (or, NO LONGER???;)) have streetlights because it makes it easier to sneak about).
Hero of Ages: Impressive Regality Over Niceness, Y'all
좋아! This time with more ecstatic! 좋네!!! I'll say it again in french! Trois fois voiture!!! Ça va. C'est vrai. C'est bien.
High Knight of the Grand Pie of the Holy Order of Pie, The Left Hand of Pie

Juan Dolor

• Level 5
    • View Profile
    • stupid LiveJournal thing
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 10:13:37 PM »
I saw that you're/your mixup, and then another one.  But I can't find the second one any more.  :(