Author Topic: Questions for Brandon :: Hoid's Compendium Interview/Q&A  (Read 9949 times)

KhyEllie

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Questions for Brandon :: Hoid's Compendium Interview/Q&A
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2010, 02:20:01 AM »
what do we know about the fact that I can count 18 allomantic metals?
1-8-basics
9-malatium
10-gold
11-electrum
12-uh...
13-aluminum
14-duralumin
15-atium
16-lerasium
17-
18-
Sazed told Spook that there are two we don't know about, so that counts 18...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 06:21:25 PM by KhyEllie »

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2010, 06:08:41 AM »
We already know about that.  Atium and Lerasium are "god metals", the metallic form of pure Shard power from Ruin and Preservation, and are sort of outside the regular system of metals.  Malatium, as an alloy of Atium, is similarly not one of the normal allomantic metals.  That eliminates 3 from your list, and taking out the "brain fart" and the two blanks brings it down to 12.  The two metals Sazed referred to were in fact base metals, and each also has an alloy.  These four metals are chromium, nicrosil, cadmium, and bendalloy.  These bring the total to 16 normal metals, plus 2 god metals and their alloys.

Information on all of these metals and their organization is available from this poster chart.  A more readable, though not the final version, image of the poster is here
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 06:12:05 AM by douglas »

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2010, 11:08:33 PM »
yeah, my brother just showed me the chart on it all...so then do you think that sazed would get his own metal? are atium and lerasium gone?

douglas

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2010, 02:01:55 AM »
The nature of atium and lerasium is tied to the power of the Shards they are made from, not the mind controlling those Shards.  Sazed's ascension changed nothing about how the god metals work, though he might be the only source of them now.