Author Topic: Going to the Los Angeles signing on Monday.  (Read 9035 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Re: Going to the Los Angeles signing on Monday.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 08:59:59 AM »

At the last signing with a QnA Brandon said that question should be asked and that no one had asked it yet.  So I assume there is something different about that one. . . .
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

libraloco

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 12:48:33 AM »
Ask Brandon what he would say if Harriet McDougal asked him if he'd like to write THE INFINITY OF HEAVEN after WoT is finished. I'd like to see if he would consider it. (I know on the WoT FAQ it says that they (Team Jordan) don't feel the urgency to have it written in Robert Jordan's absence, but Brandon didn't say if he would or wouldn't if asked.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 12:53:24 AM by libraloco »

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 12:54:34 AM »
I've asked Chris.  Twice.  He avoided it the first time.  The second time I asked I said "since you avoided the question last time" and he admitted he did.  Then proceeded to avoid it again.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2010, 01:56:25 AM »
libraloco: http://www.brandonsanderson.com/faq/section/3/Wheel-Of-Time-FAQ see the last question. The answer still applies, unless it has changed to a definite no.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2010, 09:39:08 AM »
I've asked Chris.  Twice.  He avoided it the first time.  The second time I asked I said "since you avoided the question last time" and he admitted he did.  Then proceeded to avoid it again.

He seems to often shirk OUR questions and then answer them when OTHERS ask them. xD
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2010, 10:52:18 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.  So let's hope that this one gets answered, 'cause I'm really interested in the answer.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 04:58:17 AM »
On my way back from the signing now. Will give full report upon returning home.

EDIT: Righto, here's his answer in so many words:

"Ah, I've been asked this before. There are a number of theories, but nobody's really sure, since there haven't really been any opportunities to alloy lerasium with atium. You can choose which one to believe. Most require an understanding of realmatic theory to comprehend, which you need to be a Shard or Splinter to even begin to understand."

I interrupted here to ask if Sazed or Hoid would know, and he - of course - RAFO'd.

"What Lerasium is, is essentially a hack for something like your spiritual DNA. It rewrites what your spiritual self is capable of. So, combined with atium, which allows you a glimpse into the vision of everything - past, present, future - the theories say it could do one of two things. It could either create a substance so volatile that it would have world-ending repercussions, or rewrite your "spiritual DNA" (his phrase, not mine) with atium's power. Is that a vague enough answer?"

During the WoK reading, the phrases "Shard-blade" and "Shard-bearer" popped up - my questions on these were RAFO'd as well.

(I won't go into detail about the chapter he read from, since it will apparently be included in the Warbreaker paperback. We can pick it apart after the paperback's release.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:39:28 AM by TPaS »

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 05:40:29 AM »
Can a Feruchemist store anything and everything in a Lerasium metalmind?

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 08:39:42 AM »

Oh oh oh, I think I know something more about the alloy now. =]  Go Realmatic understanding.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

guessingo

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 02:03:15 PM »
I don't think Robert Jordan would want someone else to write Infinity of Heaven. All of the stuff I have seen about him, was that he was a private writer. He agreed to let someone finish Wheel of Time because he promised his fans.

It also sounds like Harriet does not want to do the prequels or the outrigger novels. She seems like she wants to move on with her life once Wheel of Time is done. She doesn't need the money.

Harriet strikes me as a very smart person. I hope she continues to work as an editor after Wheel of Time and edits other authors.

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
He also had updates on the various movie options. In his words:

"Wheel of Time is looking at maybe a 1 in 2 chance of being made, and Alcatraz has about a 1 in 4 or 5 chance. Mistborn is going to be the long shot of long shots - it's like a 1 in 50."

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 11:05:00 PM »

"Wheel of Time is looking at maybe a 1 in 2 chance of being made, and Alcatraz has about a 1 in 4 or 5 chance. Mistborn is going to be the long shot of long shots - it's like a 1 in 50."
Well, that's a funny thing to say since Mistborn's the only one that he's actually sold the movie rights for...unless I'm out of the loop and the other two have already gone.
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 12:14:58 AM »

Well, that's a funny thing to say since Mistborn's the only one that he's actually sold the movie rights for...unless I'm out of the loop and the other two have already gone.

Might be true but that doesn't mean that there isn't interest for Wheel of Time & Alcatraz. I imagine studios are looking for the next replacement to Harry Potter. Something that can fill that void. Alcatraz feels to me like it'd be a good match.

Also, the rights to Wheel of Time aren't Brandon's. They are Harriets (I would assume). With the huge following that series has, a movie doesn't surprise me in the least.
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Troubadour

• Level 4
  • Fantabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 12:53:12 AM »
Again, in his words, Universal has the rights to WoT and has exercised the option. Similarly, Dreamworks has the rights to Alcatraz at the moment.

Fireborn

• Level 9
  • Geniusness Explosion!
    • View Profile
    • Rampant And Rhetoric
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 04:58:58 AM »
Again, in his words, Universal has the rights to WoT and has exercised the option. Similarly, Dreamworks has the rights to Alcatraz at the moment.

See: totally out of the loop, that's what I get for being a newbie. :P
Also, I would LOVE to see an Alcatraz movie, not sure how'd they would handle the narrator, he's the best part of the books for me.

Might be true but that doesn't mean that there isn't interest for Wheel of Time & Alcatraz. I imagine studios are looking for the next replacement to Harry Potter. Something that can fill that void. Alcatraz feels to me like it'd be a good match.

Also, the rights to Wheel of Time aren't Brandon's. They are Harriets (I would assume). With the huge following that series has, a movie doesn't surprise me in the least.
See, totally out of the loop.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:44:31 PM by Fireborn »
When to live is to die, and to die is to live, does either really matter?