Author Topic: Thank you Mr. Sanderson  (Read 1900 times)

Aerron

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Thank you Mr. Sanderson
« on: March 17, 2010, 06:29:36 PM »
I was hesitant to pick up TGS for a number of reasons.  Mostly, it was the thought of slogging through 700+ more pages of Set Description, Stage Direction and Costuming.  I finally relented and bought the book.

Thank you for agreeing to complete this series.  Thank you for capturing the original spirit that Mr. Jordan had in the beginning.  It was so refreshing to see character development, plot advancement and story arc conclusions.  And the conclusions were good.  They weren't forced.  They were satisfying. 

I am looking forward to the next two books.

Thank you Mr. Sanderson.

mack

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you Mr. Sanderson
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:22:49 PM »
Finally! Its about time I see someone post a thank you to Mr. Sanderson and TGS then the people who only look for ways to  find errors and critize. I was also hesitant to believe that anyone could take my personal favorite series and make it continue to be the fun, witty, and beautiful writing yet keep the darker twisting plot lines that I enjoy. But after reading Mistborn, Elantris and Warbreaker I was convinced that a better author couldn't have been found than Mr. Sanderson. Mr. Sanderson did a great job and I can't wait for TOM and his new series later this year.

Cynewulf

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
He certainly did a fine job, and I am sure those who dare utter criticism are not doing it for reasons of malice, but rather that they want the books to be as good as possible.

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »
I started reading WoT when i discovered Brandon was going to be finishing them off, and I agree that Jordan tended to get too into detail way too often. I can't wait to get to the ones Brandon's writing.

clarissavandell

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 03:28:02 AM »
Well, I'm only on Lord of Chaos, but I've heard that Gathering Storm is the best book in the series.  Whether this is Jordan's plot or Brandon's style, I'm not sure, but I'm trying to get through the series as fast as possible.

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
Heh, I'm still on The Dragon Reborn.
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

KhyEllie

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:28:41 AM »
And I'm only on book four! (I lost it though...)