Author Topic: John Cleaver's Rules  (Read 2782 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
John Cleaver's Rules
« on: March 16, 2010, 07:57:04 PM »
At Dan's blog he mentioned that he wants to make a poster with John's 'rules'. So while I was eating lunch, I read over the first couple of chapters to get this started. Here's what I've come up with so far, but I'll add more when I have time to read more. Add rules you've found in your reading. Quotes, page numbers, US/UK version, and book (I Am Not A Serial Killer=IANASK; Mr. Monster) are optional, but helpful!

UK IANASK pg 14
Remain inconspicuous, appear normal.

UK IANASK pg 19
Avoid situations that would potentially break any of the rules. (i.e., pg 26 went to the place where Jeb Jolly's body was found)

UK IANASK pg 22, 24
"I don't let myself watch one person for too long." 
"...if I watch one person for too long, I ignore them for a whole week."

UK IANASK pg 24, 25
No animal cruelty. "Don't mess with animals." No pets, avoid situations that could lead to something he shouldn't do.

UK IANASK pg 25
"If I ever feel like hurting someone...I give them a compliment. If someone's really bugging me, until I hate them so much I start to imagine myself killing them, I say something nice and smile really big. It forces me to think nice thoughts instead of bad ones, and it usually makes them go away."

UK IANASK pg 26
"I know what good people are supposed to act like, and I copy them."

UK IANASK pg 70
"I used to have a list of people I was going to kill one day. It was against my rules now, but sometimes I really missed that list."

UK IANASK pg 87
Don't threaten people.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 05:33:29 PM by Nessa »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Bravesamwise84

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: John Cleaver's Rules
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:36:25 AM »
Listed on his bathroom mirror in "Mr. Monster"

I will not hurt animals.

I will not burn things.
(He adds, "I will not hurt people"  here when getting ready for his date.)

When I think bad thoughts about someone, I will push the thoughts away and say something nice about that person.

I will not call people 'it'.

If I start to follow someone, I will ignore them as much as possible for a full week.

I will not threaten people, even implicitly.

If people threaten me, I will leave the situation.

In particular, there are many rules surrounding just Brooke, considering his situation with her - but that might be too detailed for a shirt.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:38:06 AM by Bravesamwise84 »