Author Topic: I bring you two things (JordanCon news and videos)  (Read 3349 times)

Kathana

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
I bring you two things (JordanCon news and videos)
« on: June 19, 2009, 05:04:57 AM »
Alright, since I don't want to be the kind of person who only posts here when I need to plug my convention, I bring you a gift first.

At JordanCon, back in April, we were lucky enough to have a fan videotape most of Brandon's appearances and upload them for viewing.  So if you weren't able to make it, you can still see much of what Brandon did while he was in Atlanta.

This is the "Meet Brandon Sanderson panel". I'm the tiny woman harraguing him about his dietary habits. What can I say? I make my own yogurt. =)

It was an hour long, so it's broken into segments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1cAYeBaYac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7pBWJ2ONSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS_ZAQpxq_A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NRoycqJyXg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyjUX_E-rfI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR36WjND4fo

If you poke around, you can find his writing workshop and his Team Jordan panels.

The second thing, is an announcement. Brandon very graciously accepted my invitation to be Guest of Honor for JordanCon next year.

Age of Legends, LLC is pleased to announce that JordanCon 2010 registration is now open. Pre registration is currently $50, with group discounts available. JordanCon membership covers all three days, all panels, events, demonstrations, concerts, performances, contests and a host of other activities. Workshops requiring a materials fee will be noted in the program. JordanCon will take place April 23-25, 2010.

JordanCon will be hosted by the Crowne Plaza Ravinia in 2010. The Crowne Plaza is located in the heart of Atlanta’s Perimeter neighborhood at the juncture of I-285 and GA 400. This location is ideal for out of town travelers, boasting access to MARTA, Perimeter Mall and numerous shopping, dining and other entertainment options. Be sure to mention JordanCon when reserving your room, so you will receive the discounted rate of $109 a night.

JordanCon programing will include three tracks of simultaneous programing over all three days. The Forum is dedicated to Wheel of Time theories, trivia and discussion, as well as the varied worlds of author Brandon Sanderson. The Workshop is dedicated to costuming, gaming, jewelry making, martial arts, dance and period crafts. The Writer’s track, which is new in 2010, is for writers, editors and publishers of genre literature. Our Dealers Hall will feature a variety of vendors, including Badali Jewelry, maker of Wheel Of Time and other licensed fantasy jewelry.

JordanCon programming will also include our second annual Seanchan Hold’em Charity Poker Tournament, benefiting the Mayo Clinic, the Seanchan Homecoming Dance, author appearances, and much, much more.

Guests this year include online humorist, David Wong, who’s critically acclaimed first novel John Dies at the End is a forthcoming release from St. Martins Press. We will also be joined by Atlanta based author, Jana G. Oliver, who’s Virtual Evil received a Pluto Award in 2008. Our Guest of Honor will be New York Times bestseller Brandon Sanderson. In 2007 Sanderson was selected to complete The Wheel of Time series.

JordanCon 2009 (Rand alCon) was a smashing success, with appearances by Harriet McDougal, Tom Doherty, Brandon Sanderson and Wilson Grooms. Over 250 people attended and $3,150 was raised on behalf of the Mayo Clinic.
For more information, please visit our website http://www.ageoflegends.net/. Or email us at [email protected]

I'm not sure if any of you made it this year, but we're always excited to have SanderFans join us at JordanCon. Quite a few of us have also joined your tribe and we like to see you guys. =)

Liathiana

• Level 3
  • For Pony!
    • View Profile
Re: I bring you two things (JordanCon news and videos)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 03:39:40 AM »
I love the videos Kathana, thank you for sharing!

I'm going to definitely attempt to attend this next JordanCon depending on when my 5 year reunion is next year (OMG I can't believe it's been 5 years!).

Kathana, you didn't have all the links for the Meet Brandon Sanderson panel so I'm just adding the last here so no one has to search!

Part 7
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 06:52:30 AM by Liathiana »
"Behold! I have discovered the FORK OF TRUTH! Who would dare oppose me now?! Now that I am armed with my anger...and my fork!" Richard (LFG)

Kathana

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 03:19:17 AM »
Just as an FYI, we put out the JordanCon progress report this week.

http://www.ageoflegends.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/JordanCon-Progress-Report-2010-01-19.pdf

Seaoftrouble

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:02:47 PM »
Wow that was amazing thank you!!!!
This Post has been brought to you by Dyslexia and I.

Kathana

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 03:35:01 AM »
I found recently that the Mistborn RPG is delayed, so we won't have it this year. But we've got it tentatively scheduled for 2011.

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 01:20:16 AM »
Oh that stinks.  Thank you for the information though.

Kathana

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 03:18:48 AM »
Pre-registration for JordanCon, the annual convention for fans of the late Robert Jordan’s epic fantasy series The Wheel of Time closes April 3. Guests this year include Guest of Honor Brandon Sanderson, co-author of The Gathering Storm, the most recent Wheel of Time novel; David Wong, author of John Dies at the End and editor of Cracked.com; and Jana G. Oliver, author of the award winning Time Rovers series. Our Toastmaster for the weekend will be Matt Hatch, Benevolent Dictator of the Hard Core Fan Freaks of Theoryland.com. Panelists and other presenters will include Jason Denzel, webmaster of Dragonmount.com; Jennifer Liang, Dragonmount staff, Director of Wheel of Time programing for Dragon*Con and Chair of JordanCon; Linda Taglieri, contributor to The 13th Depository blog; Harriet McDougal, editor of the Wheel of Time series; Jendayi Bellydance of Atlanta; Maria Simmons and Alan Romanczuk, continuity editors for The Wheel of Time, and many more.

Programming highlights this year include our annual “Seanchan Hold’em” charity poker game and silent auction benefiting the Mayo Clinic. Additionally, JordanCon will feature gaming, a full Writer’s Track, a Seanchan Homecoming Ball, costuming, and numerous panels and discussions. Pre-registration is currently $60, and will be $65 at the door. Our host hotel for 2010 is the gorgeous Crowne Plaza Ravinia in Atlanta, Georgia. Rooms are still available at the discounted rate of $105 a night. JordanCon t shirts are available for pre-order through our website. JordanCon will take place April 23-25.

More information, including our progress report, can be found on our website: www.ageoflegends.net

BloodlessVictory

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Portalstones.com
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 01:44:47 AM »
Ha.  This is why Kathana rocks.  I didn't think to post the videos here, and I didnt see this thread until recently.

I did the recording at JordanCon last year, and will be doing some again this year.  Also will be streaming some of the 'Con live, but won't be able to be everywhere at once.  Watch for a post/s here or on @Portalstones Twitter feed.