Author Topic: Way of Kings Cover Art  (Read 17040 times)

Eerongal

• Level 23
  • Fell Points: 0
  • That jaunty jackanapes with moxie and pizzazz
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
Re: Way of Kings Cover Art
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »
How have you gotten on the reading list?   And how can I join?  August 17 is just not going to come soon enought for me!

by being good friends with brandon :P
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Pie is clearly the most trustworthy. Pie for president. - Me.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2010, 08:22:24 PM »
Myabi and Inkthinker?  When did you meet brandon?   I feel very left out, but then I haven't been on for ages...
So is there going to be a thread to theorize about the first book, because from the bits and pieces I have put together I have a few...
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
Miyabi has been going to Brandon's major signings for over 3 years. And Inkthinker worked on some of the art in the book.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
Miyabi has been going to Brandon's major signings for over 3 years. And Inkthinker worked on some of the art in the book.

doesn't miyabi also take like classes he teaches or something at BYU or whatever?
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
-R. Howard

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2010, 09:50:23 PM »
It is kinda cruel to talk about the alpha-read in front of the other fans. Plus, it's hard to talk about it at all without spoilers, and I really don't want to spoil anything in this, aside from saying that I think it's really, really good.

Shivertongue

• Level 9
  • Enjoy your right to be intentionally ridiculous!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
It is kinda cruel to talk about the alpha-read in front of the other fans. Plus, it's hard to talk about it at all without spoilers, and I really don't want to spoil anything in this, aside from saying that I think it's really, really good.

Yeah, I wanted to say something about that, but couldn't find a polite way of saying "Please, please, PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP!" Both about the tiny spoilers and the fact that some of you have gotten to read it already. It's like your deliberately rubbing our noses in your exclusive club memberships... It's been beginning to grate on me a bit...

Edit: Okay, that came off harsher than I intended. Sorry about that... been a stressful day...
This propaganda has been brought to you by High Priest and Occasional Pope Archbishop Shivertongue Von Slamdance VI, of the Vibrating Purple cabal of POEE (Paratheoanametamystikhood Of Eris Esoteric). All rights ignored. Salvation not available in Idaho. Hail Eris. All Hail Discordia. Fnord?

Creative_Vortx

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2010, 11:50:02 PM »
I actually like the suspense. If I had already read it, all this discussion of what could be and what couldn't be wouldn't be as much fun I think. I think alpha readers get the short end of the stick, they may get to read it earlier but it won't be at the level of enjoyment that it could be if they got it when they released in August. They have to analyze it and give opinion on previous copies. Can't purely sit there and get engulfed into the scene. That's my opinion of alpha-readers. It may be completely wrong as to what is expected of them. :)
Maker of Days - Dubbed so by Miyabi

Recruit of the Omegas.

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2010, 04:41:50 AM »
Edit: Okay, that came off harsher than I intended. Sorry about that... been a stressful day...

No apology needed. It is, as the Brits say, "a fair cop".

The nice thing about the alpha is that it's not the final draft, and so even for those of us fortunate enough to get a peek there's new material to look forward to. Even the latest draft I've read will change from the version I'll hold in my hands six months from now.

But in the meantime, I would not want to spoil the new book for new readers, nor would I care to risk my nascent association with Brandon by flapping my loose lips. So while I'm dying to talk about it, this is a public forum and it's a private subject. I think it's important that we wait until everyone can join the party.

And then we'll rock this joint until the roof falls in.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:47:56 AM by Inkthinker »

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2010, 12:48:18 AM »
Cheers Ink. :)

doesn't miyabi also take like classes he teaches or something at BYU or whatever?

I think Miyabi is just a superfan. FRR and some of the other newer posters take Brandon's BYU classes.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2010, 04:12:03 AM »
I don't think there are that many TWGers in class.  In fact, the only other one I can think of Erik, but I haven't seen him in class for a while.  And of course there is Mr. J.  Is that who you're thinking of?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 04:17:02 AM by firstRainbowRose »
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2010, 08:31:14 AM »

I only sat in on class once, becaiuse it's a 4 hour drive.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Eerongal

• Level 23
    • View Profile
    • Rockin' with the Erock
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2010, 07:53:13 PM »
I don't think there are that many TWGers in class.  In fact, the only other one I can think of Erik, but I haven't seen him in class for a while.  And of course there is Mr. J.  Is that who you're thinking of?

That sounds quite probable.

Oye! You stay out of this! We'll tell you what you do and dont do!! :P
[shameless plug]
My site
[/shameless plug]

-R. Howard

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2010, 08:00:12 PM »

Oye! You stay out of this! We'll tell you what you do and dont do!! :P

Oops, my bad.  Proceed, please.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2010, 09:32:23 PM »
Four hour drive? Superfan indeed, lol. :)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 08:43:19 PM »
I'm jealous... my drive is probably over a day :'(
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier