Author Topic: Elantris discussion? **SPOILERS**  (Read 3994 times)

Omelethead

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Member Formerly Known as Gher
    • View Profile
Re: Elantris discussion? **SPOILERS**
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 03:48:13 PM »
Question 4 clarification: When Raoden was in Elantris, Ien would insist on hovering near him, even coming to Raoden when he extended his hand.
The only explanation I could think of (that could be arrived at with knowledge at hand) was that this is how all Mad Seons act whose Bondeds are still relatively sane. The others don't act that way simply because (1) Seons are rare and (2) those few that are now in Elantris have Hoed Bondeds. I was just looking for other possible explanations.

Well, we don't know that the other mad Seons didn't hang around their Bonded, even the Hoed. The Hoed originally just littered the streets, maybe the Mad Seons spent a lot of time hovering around their Hoed and then wandering aimlessly.

Puck

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »
Miyabi > Question 4 clarification: When Raoden was in Elantris, Ien would insist on hovering near him, even coming to Raoden when he extended his hand.

I think the answer to that has something to do with how the Dor was using Raoden. Seons like being near the Dor.

that might work. But why then weren't  all hoed seons drawn to Raoden?

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 06:56:28 PM »

That was probably caused by his excessive use of the Dor in comparison to everyone else around.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 04:53:05 AM »
3) Can an Elantrian’s symbol affect himself (and not just the clothing he wears)?
Yes. That's what the Motion Aon does. Aons didn't work before, because the Aon Rao (through Elantris) was still trying to change them.(Raoden says something about this) This seems to suggest that you can't have two Aons affecting you at the same time.

7) Why can Elantrians heal while Dakhor can't? Does this conflict with the fact that FjorDor is able to keep Hrathen alive past when he should be dead (p. 609)
I bet that Dakhor can, it just hasn't either been used that we can see, or they haven't found it yet. Even if it can't heal, I don't think it conflicts with Hrathen living, because it makes people stronger. It twists them, but it makes them stronger. This is why Hrathen stayed alive (probably)

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 06:19:27 AM »
Or at least you can't have another aon affecting you before one that already is has completed it's intended purpose, once all are working, I'm sure you could have multiple aons going at once.
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

Puck

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 01:35:40 PM »
Good call, Terrisman. I'd forgotten about Aon Tia.