Author Topic: This just keeps getting better.  (Read 3080 times)

happyman

• Level 17
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
This just keeps getting better.
« on: March 01, 2010, 11:16:28 PM »
So all the stuff with the dreams and the squid were relevant?  And now the employer thinks he's trying to blackmail him?

Actually, I'm pretty sure Tagon is blackmailing him, or at least something like it.

What is going on?  Am I missing anything or are the rest of you in the dark as well?
Nature hates being reified.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
Re: This just keeps getting better.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:26:18 PM »
My interpretation is that he was just trying to change the subject.

As for getting better...well, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. There have been some funny gags, and a hint of a SNAFU to come, but nothing on the level of the circus storyline, which was incredible.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

mbarker

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:46:57 AM »
I'm still waiting to see... the fact that the shopping woman and the ninja and the security cameras all tied together hints that they are going to be back, but I'm still not quite sure what their target is. But we'll see whether the Toughs manage to destroy the historic mall in the process of protecting it or not. And will Nick get a kiss?

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 03:12:38 PM »
My interpretation is that he was just trying to change the subject.

As for getting better...well, I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. There have been some funny gags, and a hint of a SNAFU to come, but nothing on the level of the circus storyline, which was incredible.

As I recall, the circus storyline seemed to do this, too.  Gag a day, gag a day, ho hum, nothing to see here, holy #@#%..., did Lunesby just show up?

Yeah, the employer might be trying to change the subject.  Why?  The plotting has gotten much tighter in the strip recently; I can't believe it's not going to show up again.

And yeah, we know there's going to be a SNAFU.  We've gotten hints of it already.  And they won't get weapons before things start to get really bad.

ryos

• Level 17
  • The Decemberween Thnikkaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:55:53 AM »
I meant that Tagon was trying to change the subject by bringing up the Celeschul accent, and not trying to blackmail him.
Eerongal made off with my Fluffy Puff confections.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
I meant that Tagon was trying to change the subject by bringing up the Celeschul accent, and not trying to blackmail him.

From today's strip, I think we can say that Tagon was trying to blackmail him, or something like that.  He's just very bad at it.

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 03:45:12 AM »
I don't think he was, actually. I think he was just capitalizing on the opportunity when it came up, and now he's boasting about it just because he can.

happyman

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 04:02:07 AM »
OK, I don't think he was trying to blackmail him, per se.  I do think he was trying to deliberately rattle him, though, to get the upper hand in negotiations.  It seemed that it worked.