Author Topic: 2011  (Read 5594 times)

Wolfstar

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 2011
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 01:53:49 AM »
I have a few ideas now... that I will be keeping to myself.
You can think without acting and you can act without thinking... but which is worse?

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 03:56:21 AM »
I dunno if it will be obvious or not... But it will be interesting to see it in action.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

libraloco

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 02:38:36 AM »
You know, if Preservation in Mistborn was the mists, then wouldn't it make sense for the Shard in The Way of Kings to be the storms that frequently hit Roshar?

Inkthinker

• Level 11
  • Animation and Illustration
    • View Profile
    • inkthinker.deviantart.com
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 05:33:16 AM »
Any author who can keep up with a book a year is doing right by me. Only a handful of the authors I read regularly can keep that up and still produce great quality... Jim Butcher is one. Terry Pratchett is another (even with the Alzheimers to battle, he's still projected to release a book every year for the next three years out).

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 06:29:56 AM »
The storms are supposed to be supernatural, but I don't think the shard has anything to do with them.  At least, not the one I'm referring to.

I don't know for sure, but I'm betting this world has at least three or four shards.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"