Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 4152 times)

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
Dragon Age: Origins
« on: February 08, 2010, 11:42:32 AM »

Have you guys played this yet?  It's a pretty amazing game.  I am loving it.  The storyline is pretty cool.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Chaos

• Administrator
  • Level 36
  • Fell Points: 3
  • The Original Hero of Ages
    • View Profile
    • Eric Lake
Re: Dragon Age: Origins
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 02:20:46 PM »
I liked it, but it didn't hold the same reverence to me as some other Bioware games had. Granted, that still means it's a really good game; Bioware has just set a really high bar.
www.17thshard.com - The Official Brandon Sanderson Fansite.

Oh SNAP, I'm an Allomancer.

Bookstore Guy

• Level 21
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 10:36:59 PM »
Fun game, but it isn't up to Baldur's Gate standards (to be fair, nothing really is lol).  I feel its replay value is low (playing a 20min Origin story doesn't count).  All this said, I will buy the expansion on day 1.  Bioware (and Bethesda in an unrelated note) make solid games, and I choose to support them both fully.

Square-Enix could learn a thing or two about quality from those two companies (or re-learn I suppose, since Square used to be incredible).
Check out our blog, Elitist Book Reviews at:
http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 06:47:22 AM »

LOL.  I haven't played it all the way through yet.  I'm gonna have to play it over again a few times at least to see what the other storyline options are.  I'm playing as a mage and I didn't tell on Jowan, so I wonder what would have happened if I had. lol.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »
Good game. Playing a mage on normal difficulty is pretty much easy mode. The AoE spells are just insane and since there is no friendly fire in normal mode it's a cake walk.  The game did feel kind of rushed though. Among other things, the combat plays a tad stiff. No overwhelming complaints with it though.

“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:22:59 AM »

I didn't even consider normal.  Went straight to nightmare.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »

I didn't even consider normal.  Went straight to nightmare.

Nice. I usually run through a game on normal before kicking up the difficulty level. Are you using a lot of single target spells then?
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »

I do once I get to the point of having few enemies.

But I usually try to pull a few of the enemies away and AoE them.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Bejay

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 12:40:51 AM »
I love the game, finished it with a human mage and am now replaying it with a dwarf noble origin. I really really look forward to see how this origin will play out in the Orzammar story line.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 05:05:32 AM »

My favorite type of mage though is the entropy skill set.  <3  I love DOTing.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

drackmire

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 05:28:25 PM »
There was a lot of hype about the game at first, so I pre-ordered it and started playing it right away. Sadly though I lost interest in it fairly quickly. I would like to pick it back up. I tried with two different melee classes. I'm guessing a caster class is much more appealing and much better with putting out damage. For a company that does great RPGs, it feels very linear with where you can go and what you can do. Maybe I set my expectations too high, but it just didn't get me going the way I was hoping for.
Currently Reading: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson

mruther87

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bestdriverupdater.com
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 06:24:08 PM »
Yeah,,..and I really love playing with this game......

sujana

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 01:12:51 AM »
I am very enjoyed for this side. Its a nice topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. I think it may be help all of you. Thanks.

DeathBite

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:55:52 AM »
There was a lot of hype about the game at first, so I pre-ordered it and started playing it right away. Sadly though I lost interest in it fairly quickly. I would like to pick it back up. I tried with two different melee classes. I'm guessing a caster class is much more appealing and much better with putting out damage. For a company that does great RPGs, it feels very linear with where you can go and what you can do. Maybe I set my expectations too high, but it just didn't get me going the way I was hoping for.

Dragon Age seems like a game more for those of us who enjoy a bit of mindless running around collecting things -like Assassins Creed- combined with an interesting plot. and they've gone and concentrated on developing that rather than the actual storyline. Modern games are being made which appeal to those collecting points instead of us who love a good RPG. :/

On another note, I loved Dragon Age  ;D Couldn't finish it as our xbox broke but I planned on starting again as a mage, was a human warrior the first time around.
My peace is gone,
My heart is heavy,
I will find it never
and never more.     - Goethe

MaeLavanya

• Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Adonalsium.net
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2010, 11:05:26 AM »
I absolutely adore Dragon Age Origins. I love the world, the characters and I love the story. What can I say, maybe I'm one of those who just likes to run around collecting stuff ;).
You know you want to join us at Adonalsium.net!