Author Topic: Lemonbaby?  (Read 11352 times)

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
Re: Lemonbaby?
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 01:32:42 AM »
There are various sites that talk about how big a baby is at different gestational stages, and one of them compares the size of a baby to that of a lime (I think an earlier one compared the size of a baby at that stage to a pea, and etc.) Limebaby stuck. :) At least, that's how I remember it. 

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 01:38:32 AM »
Thank you that clears up a lot.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 02:45:09 AM »

Joel is the main character of Scribbler.  One of Brandon's books that isn't published.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2010, 03:18:30 AM »
Oh...thank you again.  I actually started reading Scribbler a little bit but then stopped when I ran out of the first chapter of material.

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 06:01:12 AM »
I think if you look around long enough you can find the first three chapters.

As for meatloaf, if you look on the first page we were all confused about that one.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 06:16:06 AM »
They stopped at limebaby because the next size up was jumbo shrimp, and they were uncomfortable calling the baby by the name of something so delicious.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
Ha ha.  Thank you for clearing all this up you guys are really helpful.  Also I will definitely look for more of Scribbler.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 06:49:57 AM »

It is my favorite book . . . pretty much ever.  After re-reading it /again/ (I think that's time 15 or 16) I have decided that it IS my favorite book.  Sorry Elantris, you'll just have to live with being no. 2.

オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2010, 10:45:48 PM »
Scribbler's even better than the Mistborn Trilogy?

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »
Well, it's different than Mistborn. Scribbler is a YA steampunk, and although I'm not quite sure I'd say it's better than Mistborn, it is REALLY good. And I'm saying that just based on the version I read--which Brandon has stated has problems but that he knows what's wrong with it and how he's going to fix it. I'm sure that when it finally gets published, I will wholeheartedly agree that, yes, it is in fact better than Mistborn.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:23:24 PM by little wilson »
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2010, 11:24:46 PM »
Awzome.  Do you know where I can find some.  It seems that pretty much anything Brandon writes is fantastic.  I've only read the Mistborn Trilogy, part of Scribller, part of Warbreaker, and part of the Liar of Partinel.  So as you can see I still have a lot more to read. 

Link von Kelsier Harvey XXIV

• Level 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2010, 11:34:03 PM »
I'd recommend finishing Warbreaker and then reading Elantris, just so you can be caught up to all the normal people who only read published books. :D  Also the Alcatraz books.  Every time I read them in public I have to look around sheepishly a lot, because I keep laughing.  BYU has the only publicly available copy of Dragonsteel in existence, but Brandon is lifting large chunks out of that to use in WoK and the rest of TSA, so I'm not sure reading it is a good idea.  Didn't stop me though. :P
Your signature has got to go!
-Peter Ahlstrom

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2010, 11:38:17 PM »
Yes well I'm actually about to start Elantris (I got 2 copies of it for Christmas) also I'm waiting to get Warbreaker in paperback.  I can't wait to read WoK because Dragonsteel was so good.  I will definitely check out the Alcatraz books.  Thank you.  I find it kind of sad that Brandon wont be able to write the Stormilight Archives Series very fast (or at least that's what I've heard from Peter) because he's so busy (though I'm not saying he should give Wheel of Time because that's also another book series I'm excited to read).

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2010, 11:46:15 PM »
I'd recommend finishing Warbreaker and then reading Elantris, just so you can be caught up to all the normal people who only read published books. :D  Also the Alcatraz books.  Every time I read them in public I have to look around sheepishly a lot, because I keep laughing.  BYU has the only publicly available copy of Dragonsteel in existence, but Brandon is lifting large chunks out of that to use in WoK and the rest of TSA, so I'm not sure reading it is a good idea.  Didn't stop me though. :P

Hey! I am perfectly normal! I just happened to get access to Scribbler through certain methods and so I read it. It's actually the only unpublished Brandon book I've read. So...yeah. I'm not like Chris, and Mi'chelle, and those people (...however, that's not saying that I wouldn't want to be like them...because I would. :P ).

Anyway, I agree you should finish with the published books before moving on to Scribbler. And if you can get Dragonsteel, go for it. I haven't been able to yet. I tried to ILL it, but for some reason BYU-I wouldn't let me. I'm still not sure why, because I thought for sure it would be simple to ILL a book from BYU to BYU-I, but apparently I was wrong...
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Lord Terrisman

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2010, 11:49:53 PM »
Thanks for the help I will definitely try to finish the published books first and then try to obtain Scribbler through "certain methods."  :)